Iconify Custom Node Icons [Deleted]

Arty

Arty submitted a new resource:

Iconify Custom Node Icons - Custom node icons with icon picker and over 30,000 icons to choose from.

Important: this add-on requires installation of Iconify Support add-on. Click here to get Iconify Integration add-on.

This add-on makes it possible to set custom icons for each node. For forums and categories you can set read and unread node icons, for pages and links only one icon because they do not have unread state.

Add-on uses Iconify icon picker to show selection of over 30,000 icons.

To find icons...

Read more about this resource...

Any plans in making this a paid resource after the beta?

In any case, this is huge, thank you.

It doesn't work perfectly, I am setting up an icon for a node, I can see the icon on the ACP, but sometimes on the forum_list, there's nothing. Could you please help me to resolve that ?

Last edited:
Probably custom stuff in forum list conflicts with this add-on's template modifications, so template modifications aren't applied. Can you post contents of your node_list_forum template?

I am getting this error when i go into forum > node

i don't even see the add nodes area
i am using xf2.0

Code:
Server error log

ErrorException: Template error: Macro admin:node_edit_macros:iconify is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:558

Generated by: Admin Dec 29, 2018 at 7:57 PM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Macro admin:nod...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 558, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(558): trigger_error('Macro admin:nod...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateMacro('admin', 'node_edit_macro...', 'iconify')
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/forum_edit.php(267): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('node_edit_macro...', 'iconify', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1250): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(xenMade\LD\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('forum_edit', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Forum\\Edit', 'admin:forum_edi...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(1934): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(333): XF\App->run()
#12 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#13 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(33) "/admin.php?forums/servers.18/edit"
  ["referrer"] => string(39) "https://mycoolforum.com/admin.php?nodes/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["forums/servers_18/edit"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

What version of this add-on and what version of Iconify Integration add-on are you using?

I am using:

Iconify Custom Node Icons 0.0.2

Im not using any Iconify Integration add-on, i don't even know what that is

oh i see it says "this add-on requires installation of Iconify Support add-on"

i will download and install that add-on

Arty updated Iconify Custom Node Icons with a new update entry:

Automatically download Iconify Integration add-on, improved compatibility with other add-ons

This release will automatically download latest version of Iconify Integration add-on.

Unfortunately due to complexity of add-on installation it cannot install another add-on, but it is as close to automated dependency installation as it can get.

If your add-on or style depends on Iconify Integration add-on, see this add-on's IconifySetup.php and function checkRequirements() in Setup.php

Read the rest of this update entry...

If anyone's interested it all worked PERFECTLY for me.
XF v2.1 with ThemeHouse UI.X styles. A FABULOUS addition!!
Thanks SO MUCH for doing this!! :)

Wow this addon is really nice! Well done, I just have one small additional question, would it be possible to use my own custom images as category icon?

We have this working in our test forum, but for some reason in our live forum we can't get it to work... any ideas?

Installer for Iconify integration appends code to src/config.php, probably there is something with permissions preventing it from working on live forum.

Try this:
1. Upload all files
2. Manually append code to src/config.php (copy it from file on your test forum)
3. Install add-on

Top Bottom