Icewind More Permissions [Deleted]

Lawrence

Lawrence submitted a new resource:

Icewind More Permissions - Currently adds a few more permissions, also 2 more user search criterias

What it Does:
This add-on currently adds a few new permissions. More permissions will be added in the future. See the latest updates for more permissions that may have been added.

General Permissions (Icewind More General Permissions):
Hide online status​

Forum Permissions (Icewind More Forum Permissions):
Start polls
View polls
View open poll results
View closed poll results​

This add-0n also adds two new criteria to user search in the Admin CP, and the Batch Update user update actions. More search criteria and...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
No, I mean this post: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/disable-invisible-status-by-waindigo.59891/#post-637170
That some tech user can still hide their status by editing the html source itself.
Waindigo's addon prevent that happen.
What about this addon?

Oh, sorry. Yes, :) The permission is re-checked each time a user updates their settings and if they do not have the permission their visibility status is set to visible in the data writer.

Poll permissions are re-checked as well on thread save/insert, and when a vote is submitted.

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for the AddOn. I am having a problem with permission "Hide online status". I have selected a group of users and I have allowed to hide their status, however when they hide their status nothing happens (neither in account preferences and neither in the popup of the navigation bar) and they continue to show their status as visible online. I have tested this on a forum without AddOns.

Thanks, Luis.

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for the AddOn. I am having a problem with permission "Hide online status". I have selected a group of users and I have allowed to hide their status, however when they hide their status nothing happens (neither in account preferences and neither in the popup of the navigation bar) and they continue to show their status as visible online. I have tested this on a forum without AddOns.

Thanks, Luis.

Thanks for reporting this. I originally had each Permission Group set to it's own unique group but decided to keep the ones associated with this add-on grouped with the appropriate XenForo's permission group. I was working on the Polls permissions and never thought about the change I made to the permission group for the Hide Online Status so didn't update the Extended User DataWriter. Sorry about that.

I made the change and will update it here shortly.

Hi Lawrence,

When someone accesses a thread that has a redirect and clicks on the thread of redirect, I'm getting this error of server:
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params - library/Icewind/MorePermissions/Extend/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:8
Generated By: luis, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/miforo/public_html/foro/library/Icewind/MorePermissions/Extend/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(8): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined prope...', '/home/miforo/pu...', 8, Array)
#1 /home/miforo/public_html/foro/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Icewind_MorePermissions_Extend_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#2 /home/miforo/public_html/foro/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/miforo/public_html/foro/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(71) "http://miforo.com/foro/threads/acondicionar-los-rangos-a-sumar.1999/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Thanks, Luis.

Last edited:
@Luis thanks. I came across this error about three years ago on a banner add-on I was working on, and have forgotten that redirects are not part of XenForo's view. Attached below is the fix. I'll upload a new version later after I add another permission or two in.

After you replace the Thread.php file, if you run the health check it will show that there is something wrong with that file, you can ignore that for now as I haven't created the new heath check sums for it yet.

Attachments

Lawrence updated Icewind More Permissions with a new update entry:

Bug fix and 5 new permissions added

What's New:
- Added a Change gender permission to the General permissions Group
- Added Display own signature and View signatures permissions to the Forum permission group
- Added Silent edit post by anyone and Clear last edit note to Forum Moderator permission group
- Added a new Options Group: Home -> Options -> Icewind More Permissions This group currently has one option but more will be added as required:
Bypass Display own signature permission. If you are not going to use
this permission,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hey,

can you add the following permission?
- Ignore New Posts

please?

I would like to create a forum section which is only with the direct adress accessable but the problem is that if I create a new thread/post then it will be shown in the "New Posts" or as guest in the "Recent Posts"

The template modification for viewing poll results and the two template modifications to allow a user to hide their online status is not compatible with XF 1.4 (Beta) as these templates were changed.

Hi Lawrence,
The template modification for viewing poll results and the two template modifications to allow a user to hide their online status is not compatible with XF 1.4 (Beta) as these templates were changed.
Time for a little update...

Hi Lawrence,

Time for a little update...

I have updated this add-on to be compatible with XF 1.4 after the RC 2 release. I didn't release it when XF 1.4 went stable as I was caught up in another add-on I was creating, and wanted to test it some more first. I'll package it and upload it here in the next couple of days.

Lawrence updated Icewind More Permissions with a new update entry:

Xenforo 1.4 Compatibility Issue

Made the poll permissions and status online permissions check compatible with XenForo 1.4. If upgrading, just import the XML, you do not need to upload any files.

Note, this version is only compatible with XenForo version 1.4.
When I add more permissions in the future, if there is enough interest in MorePermissions for XenForo 1.3 and less, I'll include a package in the download zip for XF 1.3

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Lawrence I would dearly love for the permission to let users delete polls (or poll options) even if there was in data in them for XF 1.4

Top Bottom