1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icewind Clone User Group 1.0

Quickly create a User Group based off of another one

1. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Lawrence submitted a new resource:

Icewind Clone User Group - Quickly create a User Group based of another one

Read more about this resource...

EclipsedPvP and CFodder like this.
  2. Slind

Slind Active Member

Could you add a clone node please? :)

3. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

You. Are. A. God.

ScarletCox likes this.
  4. Lawrence

Actually. I'm working on it. :) Olympics got in the way, Go Canada Go!

clone_node_ss_1.jpg clone_node_ss_2.jpg

5. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Great work Lawrence, I'm somewhat baffled that either of these copy/clone functions aren't in the core ... but as stated by yavuz am happy to have them as addons :).

6. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Not showing up on 1.3 (just installed this)

7. Lawrence

I just installed it on a freshly installed 1.3, and the links to clone the groups show. The links are displayed here: User Groups -> List User Groups. If that is where you are looking for the Clone Links and they are not listed to the far right of each listed user group then there may be another add-on installed that is interfering with the Admin Template Modifications for the user_group_list template.

8. Wasserlasser

Wasserlasser Active Member

I get this error when I install it

Callback Icewind_CloneUserGroup_Listener_FileHealthCheck::getIwdCloneUserGroupHashes is invalid (Invalid Class).

Any ideas?

9. Lawrence

Just so happens I recently cleaned up my dev site so I can work on my roster add-on with an out-of-the-box copy of XF. I just installed the Clone User Group add-on to try to replicate your issue. It installed correctly, and I also ran the file health check. I would say that the files were corrupted when uploaded and should be uploaded again, :)

Wasserlasser likes this.
  10. Wasserlasser

Wasserlasser Active Member

Did a new upload and it worked :)

11. Blast

Blast Active Member

This is such a huge time saver. Thank you very much.

Lawrence likes this.
  12. Lawrence

Thanks. When user groups are set correctly this add-on is a real time saver. The best part is that you do not need a separate tab opened or an excel document opened to keep track of permissions, as this shows you exactly what permissions the user group that you are cloning has, so you can set the new ones accordingly and never be concerned with duplicate permissions.

Combined with my clone node add-on, you can create a forum for a specific user group to access in less than a minute, a big time saver for those with guilds and the such.

Sunka likes this.
  13. Blast

Blast Active Member

Exactly. You have no idea how much time I've lost opening up 2 windows, and just keep on alt-tabbing just to make sure I get the same exact permissions. In my community, there are groups that share the same exact permissions but have different names.

Lawrence likes this.
  14. viper357

viper357 Active Member

Thanks for this, definitely simplifies things for me. :)

Lawrence likes this.