IB SOLD

noticed it and was sort of worried.

especially after one of their management dudes got active on the forum asking for feedbacks.

vb4.1 is perhaps the last chance they have to keep the people hooked to their platform.

gives me some solid reasons to migrate to XF...

private equity buyers... :| i mean i had rather use products where developers are accessible (though they do not like you tweeting them with specific requests!).

Which is bigger - $640,000,000 for IB, or $100 for XenForo early adopters?
hmmm.gif

Now they won't have to report earnings to the public. They stopped breaking down revenues for vBulletin by combining it with other licensing products (the CarsDirect which was supposedly responsible for much of the "upside" last quarter.) Wow... as if the vBulletin train needed even more clouds in the air and potential bumps in the road...

Yeah, posted about this on irc.xenfans.com earlier in #chat and then on vB here before techcrunch :p

Great news for Bob Brisco, more money for his great ideas. I am glad I don't have to wait to see if this is good or bad for vBulletin. We've had this same moment and feeling in 2007 with Jelsoft and IB, glad I don't have to repeat that.

XenForo, here I come .. October

remains to be seen what the new owners have planned for vB if they have any. you cannot really be sure that they are not going to fix the thing considering it is hugely popular on the web and still retains some really big customers.

Yeah, posted about this on irc.xenfans.com earlier in #chat and then on vB here before techcrunch :p

Great news for Bob Brisco, more money for his great ideas. I am glad I don't have to wait to see if this is good or bad for vBulletin. We've had this same moment and feeling in 2007 with Jelsoft and IB, glad I don't have to repeat that.

XenForo, here I come .. October
Nobody can do worse than IB at running it. At least its now got a group of people with a much better track record behind it. :)

My only fear is that they deam vB's income insufficient and sell it off AGAIN!

If that happens, I vote we all chip in, buy it and just redirect it to xenforo.com :p

Top Bottom