1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to private message someone here - not sure how

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Gill, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Gill

Gill Member

Normally I would click on someone's name and send the message. I'm doing that now and hitting private conversations but then getting an error message. So how do I private message someone some information?

2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Click the Avatar -> Start Conversation.

You can also click "Invite More" on the conversation to invite more people as well. 

3. Gill

Gill Member

Okay, will try that.

4. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

What is the error you're getting?

5. Gill

Gill Member

Okay, I can click your avatar and do that. But I can't get Ben!!! Come on Ben ... give me access to starting a conversation with you which I can then share with Forsaken and others who are interested! This is such an interesting way of learning the software as my eyes swirl ... round and round!!!

6. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I think the person may be blocking PC's from members.

7. Forsaken

Ben requires that you have him following you for him to be invited or commented on his profile.

Paranoid imo! 

8. Gill

Gill Member

Yes Brandon. I think that's what's happening. I get a XenForo community error and don't have permission to view the page or whatever. Okay, I'm learning this software!!

Enigma, thanks!!!

9. Gill

Gill Member

Too funny Forsaken. But I want contact with Ben so will now follow him and see what happens!! This is like a live reality show!!!!

10. Gill

Gill Member

Following him didn't work!

11. Forsaken

He needs to follow you.

12. Gill

Gill Member

Sorted by the looks of it!!!

13. Caliburn

Caliburn Well-Known Member

Invite me to said convo lol. i want to be part of the group. :D

14. Gill

Gill Member

This is a brilliant test for your average forum user. I don't know how to invite you. :eek: I'm about to sign off for the night ... will try to work out the settings tomorrow.

15. Gill

Gill Member

Oops! I'm probably a XenForo nightmare!!!! But hey ..!!