I Think I Might Slang

DRE

...some themes...

And an addon or two.

Been wanting to do so on my homey @BirdOPrey5 site for awhile now. What's kept me so long from doing it is y'alls scary paypal stories and people reposting my stuff on other sites w/o my permission.

I was on @Sheldon site when I noticed he made customers validate. That seems pretty useful. I wanted to do something like that with @mr goodie 2 shoes but this fool straight up dipped on me.

I've never personally had any issues with paypal, not once. I think with any service there will always be that horror story and I don't think one company on this planet has a 100% perfect record with regards to customer satisfaction. You'll always get people ripping your stuff it's just one of those unavoidable things that does kind of blow balls but it's comes with the territory.

Yeah I know... Someone put me on to Google Wallet. I haven't really looked at it yet though. There are a bunch of reource and skin authors who haven't been ripped tho. I wonder what's their secret.

Yeah I know... Someone put me on to Google Wallet. I haven't really looked at it yet though. There are a bunch of reource and skin authors who haven't been ripped tho. I wonder what's their secret.
For starters, not using paypal helps. Look, the charge back policy on paypal, sucks. How many threads have there been on XenForo about people scamming others on paypal by ordering the goods, filing a dispute, and getting their money back -vs- other services? (100% paypal, 0% anything else)

2checkout ( https://www.2checkout.com ) is your friend & the fees are the same as paypal. It's also accepted in more places than paypal internationally (seriously, look it up). It has all the security of a merchant account, with a little extra (they pre-screen your customer & also prevent repeat charge backs, which paypal doesn't).

For starters, not using paypal helps. Look, the charge back policy on paypal, sucks. How many threads have there been on XenForo about people scamming others on paypal by ordering the goods, filing a dispute, and getting their money back -vs- other services? (100% paypal, 0% anything else)

2checkout ( https://www.2checkout.com ) is your friend & the fees are the same as paypal. It's also accepted in more places than paypal internationally (seriously, look it up). It has all the security of a merchant account, with a little extra (they pre-screen your customer & also prevent repeat charge backs, which paypal doesn't).
Wow pre-screening is pretty cool.

Whats your experience with google wallet?

Wow pre-screening is pretty cool.

Whats your experience with google wallet?
I admit I have not used the new Google wallet as of yet. I was a Google Checkout person and they're getting rid of Google Checkout.

I'm still trying to find out where you impute the info so you can collect money (was easy to find where to put the payment option though).

Further as some people have pointed out, it's not widely accepted (USA, Canada, and UK I believe).

I admit I have not used the new Google wallet as of yet. I was a Google Checkout person and they're getting rid of Google Checkout.

I'm still trying to find out where you impute the info so you can collect money (was easy to find where to put the payment option though).

Further as some people have pointed out, it's not widely accepted (USA, Canada, and UK I believe).
found it (did a google search, the link didn't show up on their homepage anywhere)

https://wallet.google.com/merchant

Which sites do you know of use 2checkout?
I've used 2checkout from the beginning. My customer ID# is in the lower hundreds (been there since day #1).

I used it on vBulletin and IPB without no issue. I can generate a buy now link for $1 if you want to see how easy it is to order.

Installing a MAMP Stack so I can create some vB 4.2.2 themes and Xenforo 1.2.2 themes that are nearly identical.

Yo @DRE, think I finally figured out how to send PayPal money to a different account- but if you wanted to use 2checkout or something else on Qapla.com that's fine too. PM me with your PayPal email address. If you have multiple email addresses setup with PayPal send me the MAIN account address please. I'll send you $5 to see if it works. ;)

You need to make your PayPal account a premier/business account (if you haven't already) to accept payments though the forum. It's doesn't cost anything to make it a business account.

After installing vBulletin 4.2.2 on my Mac OSX using MAMP I looked at the upload folder and was quite surprised to see how large that folder was and how many files it has. The Xenforo full installation zip file is half the size and has far less folders and files on the forum root.

How many people will post their good, normal stories about PayPal? Any service that's predominantly used will have the most "horror stories". Smaller services will have fewer. The thing about the scary stories is, since we're not really involved in the dispute, we don't really know all the details of why things went wrong. We just have anecdotal tales. I've been using them for years, and never had a problem. I'd venture to say that's the lions share of the user base experience.

How many people will post their good, normal stories about PayPal? Any service that's predominantly used will have the most "horror stories". Smaller services will have fewer. The thing about the scary stories is, since we're not really involved in the dispute, we don't really know all the details of why things went wrong. We just have anecdotal tales. I've been using them for years, and never had a problem. I'd venture to say that's the lions share of the user base experience.
I don't know how to answer this while using a historical reference, while remaining politically correct, but still being accurate.... So I'm just going to say it...

Complaining about paypal is like someone coming out of the closet in the 1950's. Everyone is going to jump on that individual and claim how wrong he is and how it must be his fault. And of course that keeps others from speaking out against the status quo.

Paypal has an odd following in the sense that even if you can prove there is a problem with it, with hard facts and evidence, people still defend it as though it were The Holy Bible.

I'm about to release a paid add-on. I'll accept google checkout and paypal. I'll have a user PM me here with their validation key and then provide the paypal address with a legitimate email that uses their licensed url or an actual gmail (no proxy email addresses). When they pay, they agree that if they chargeback I can post their username/website on my own website declaring they've done so.

Pretty much if they don't trust me enough to use their real username to contact me here, their website url/validation, and a real unmasked paypal address, then I don't trust them to have my product.

It's tedious, it is, but I don't expect a 100 sales a day. I actually only expect about a dozen or so orders in the beginning month. It's nothing I can't handle one by one besides it's a personalized customer experience!

lol this is not final, but I really don't want to deal with chargeback bs either.

Top Bottom