1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a few questions

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Axed99, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Axed99

Axed99 Member

I was planning to buy xenforo, but i wanted to know, does this have a CMS?

is the resource manager similar to ip.board nexus? or downloads, and is the seo easy to use. I have tried the demo but it seems a bit hard to navigate.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The resource manager is similar to downloads. There is no CMS built in. The SEO features are built in and activated by default.

3. Axed99

Axed99 Member

Ok well my site is fairly new and it's not on google ATM, how effective will it be? what will roughly be the time to be put on search engines? also would i need someone to handle SEO on a monthly basis, if it's still a new site? or can i leave it up to xenforo to handle this problem and save money.

4. Axed99

Axed99 Member

Also how effective is it in this regard? will there be a CMS in later versions?

5. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

We don't know what the future holds.
    Buy the software for the current features.

6. Axed99

Axed99 Member

Thats fine, but that isn't really nice to say buy the software for current features, I understand that I will purchase the software for what it holds, I am just asking a few questions for answers that benefit not only me but the new users who will browse this section, please be considerate and don't use smart ass comments.

Thank you.

7. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Sorry about that.
    Yes, XenForo will have CMS.
    Yes XenForo will have Blog.
    Yes, XenForo will have everything you can imagine.

In later versions.

wedgar and Amaury like this.
  8. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Axed99, they aren't 'smart ass' comments.

They are valid comments.

XenForo don't release road maps listing what add ons they are going to create. While they haven't ruled out a CMS, there is no way of knowing for sure whether it will come in the future.

wedgar, Amaury and whynot like this.
  9. Axed99

Axed99 Member

I understand that they don't have a road map, but yes it is a smart ass comment, I was just wondering if they have updated anything in the news and announcements, I signed up today and haven't really looked there and was asking basically if it's been mentioned. Yes it is a smart ass comment, because if it wasn't there wouldn't be the extra "Buy the software for the current features", of course that what I plan to do, but sometimes it's nice to know if anything is coming in the future, or if they have mentioned anything. I hope you understand what I am saying.

10. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Yes, that's fine. Announcements of new features are posted here: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/ so keep an eye out, or watch the forum to receive notification.

11. Axed99

Axed99 Member

Does anyone else have any information, please and thank you.

12. oman

oman Well-Known Member

If it is in regards to the post you made about asking whether it will be in future versions, these posts might interest you from the developers:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/is-there-a-cms-planned.191/page-21#post-43512

And more recently: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-roadmap.45893/#post-493531

13. Axed99

Axed99 Member

Thank you oman, do you know about the SEO though will it be effective even though my domain isn't on google yet? as this is the main concern before i buy the software.

14. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I have no knowledge on SEO-related stuff. Sorry.

Axed99 likes this.
  15. oman

oman Well-Known Member

My site got indexed pretty quickly, and I didn't need to use any search engine optimization to do so. I would say a few days to a week, depending on the site. As for the monthly basis, it depends really on whether or not you want to pay someone to handle it and if you want to increase your presence by paying to do optimization. You should be able to leave XenForo to safely handle your SEO, as it is built in out of the box.

Axed99 likes this.
  16. Axed99

Axed99 Member

Wow ok great, I think I will purchase it, yes I have a company doing my SEO at the moment, but if I can just get on google, then I won't need them anymore :)

17. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Well yes, you will get on Google. And you definitely won't regret purchasing the software. (y)

HenrikHansen likes this.
  18. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

Welcome to the community.

19. Axed99

Axed99 Member

Ok, I think I am going to purchase, it probably on monday, I think. Thank you Henrik :), glad to be here!

20. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The bickering and attacks end here. Warnings have been handed out.

Amaury likes this.