1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am hating Chrome

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shamil, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Just downloaded Chrome, for the first time in a long time, and I'm on build: 11.0.696.57, and I've found an old bug. I cannot use cmd + q (Mac) to quit the application.

It's just not going. I'm having to kill it a few times via Force Quit for it to go away... ggggr.

Anyone else in the same situation?

/rant.

2. Akrion

Akrion Well-Known Member

I love Chrome. The build in "Inspect Element" to me is priceless and I find it much better than FireBug. Why do you need to quit Chrome? It should be your default browser and on all the time :)).

3. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I prevented the Mac from restarting. It doesn't help when its RAM use starts to grow over 2GB, especially when I'm running Zend Studio/Eclipse IDE.

I don't really like Chrome that much, if I'm going to be honest.

4. principia

principia Well-Known Member

build11? Im running 13.0.751.0 (83321) - try it. (also portable)

5. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I'll try it once I've quitted it - it's happened again. :/

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it's just you Shamil. I'm on 12.0.742.12 dev and have no problems.

7. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

2gb ram is nothing :)
    P.s I love chrome it beats everything else for what I need

13? where did you get that?

8. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Chrome doesn't like me :(

I'm on a 4GB RAM machine :)

I'm now in Chromium 13.x. the build from today. Me likey.

I don't like Google branding.

9. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

Chrome on the MAC OS X is garbage.
    Try OmniWeb or Cruz.[​IMG]
    They are both nice alternatives to Safari.

10. Tomble

Tomble Active Member

Chrome has started to get worse in my opinion, it used to be a lot more stable. A fresh install of it seems to have helped a bit but it's still not as good as it used to be. The developer tools are really good though.

11. Sniper

Sniper Active Member

Chrome is the only browser I use on the Mac, not had any issues with it at all, have been using it since the first release!

12. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Yep... notice some issues with chrome on the mac, but then firefox solves those for the most part. :)

13. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Chrome is fantastic.

14. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

I've gone back to Chrome a few months ago and haven't looked back. I still use Firefox as well, at times...but mostly I'm in Chrome.

15. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I find Chromium to be better :) Well, the nightlies :p

16. Ajaxboy

Ajaxboy Active Member

I love chrome.

17. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

I started using IE8 more and more. Chrome won't let me download some of the videos off YouTube with RealPlayer. I am coming to a conclusion that Google is silently manipulating the way people can use the web. Lesson: each browser has its advantages.

Tomble likes this.
  18. Shaun Wallace

Shaun Wallace New Member

I've been using Chrome more recently for general forum/website browsing, although I prefer to use Firefox+Firebug for web development/testing. (y)

19. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Ha! You got it in one, that's Google for you to a tee.

That Android mobile phone I got not that long ago, half the aps on it require you login with Google and have Gmail account. Talk about forcing you to use their service, even on your bloody mobile.

20. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Uh... Thats probably because they use the services Googles provide online and sync it to your phone. Wouldn't make much sense to -not- require a login.