1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTML Editor for Mac

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HoddzDJ, Sep 13, 2011.

1. HoddzDJ

HoddzDJ Active Member

Okay so a while ago I asked for your opinions on an FTP client for my new MacBook Pro, and now I am looking for a HTML editor that I can use. I currently have a trial of Taco HTML Edit installed and it's not bad but it's not great. I'm not bothered about the PHP functionality of it, but I do like to see what I am going to get (WYSIWYG) even if it's as a preview. Obviously, Dreamweaver would be great but I can't justify paying all that money for it and I can't find anything cheaper on eBay for Dreamweaver.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be great! I have found a few that I have downloaded but nothing has stood out to me so far. Espresso, Coda etc etc, but if you want to suggest them and tell me they are better than I thought then please tell me because I am very open minded to what I use so long as I can use it to edit files really :/!!
  2. Floris

Floris Guest

panic.com > coda
    or macromate.com > textmate
    there's also bbedit, and there are IDE's out there.

i use textmate most of the time for anything i write that's not done via a browser.
    Brett Peters likes this.
  3. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

ˆI would go with coda if your looking for a all in one type of product.. else I would go um sublime text 2 instead of textmate, it's currently more up to date than textmate. I just recently made the switch from textmate to ST2 and I'm loving it ;)
  4. jasetaro

jasetaro Well-Known Member

I'm kind of partial to Adobe Dreamweaver and BBEdit. YMMV though. :)
  5. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

I like TextWrangler. It's free but very well featured, and works very well for most types of web programming.
  6. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

TextWrangler is perfect for me.
  7. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

I prefer Komodo Edit
  8. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

Another vote for Coda & Textmate
  9. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

I vote for BBEdit :)