How would you assign a password to a special event to users?

Motobaka

I was wondering if this is posible:

We have a poker forum with about 4 freerolls (free tournaments where you can win money) a month, sometimes more.

Some of those freerolls get the password given at our social groups; others can be seen on the promotion post if you answered the post.

We would like to be able to award the password for special freerolls to users that contribute regularly.

Something like sending a message with the password via conversation to the user that has posted x amount of messages in the last 30 days or is in a group.

Is it possible for this to be done automatically?

Any ideas are appreciated.

There are probably better ways of doing this out of the box, but perhaps you could look into something like the following:
- Create a User Promotion criteria containing the defaults of what you are looking for in regards to who should be able to see the information.
- Create a Page or a Forum that has the codes. Set the permission setting so only members of the new user group get to see the information.
- Either manually promote users (if you have limited free rolls) or have it automatically run and let these people access to that section.
- At the end of the month, reset all members to not have that permission again.

Like i said, there are probably better ways of doing this.

This sounds very much like what I want to do. Thank you for explaining how to do it.

One more question though.

Is it possible to make a condition be something like a person must have visited the site at least 10 days in a row?

This sounds very much like what I want to do. Thank you for explaining how to do it.

One more question though.

Is it possible to make a condition be something like a person must have visited the site at least 10 days in a row?
There isnt, im sure you could get a developer to add that in for you. Ill PM you.

Top Bottom