• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to remove thread redirects

Lone Wolf

Every time i do a search for thread redirects on Xenforo, all I get is hundreds of messages about 301 redirects. I'd like to know 2 things...

1) how to remove a redirect from an existing redirected thread.
2) how to switch off having redirects on as a default

Any help appreciated

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
1) Delete the redirect using inline moderation, like you would a regular thread. It is separate from the target thread.

2) Edit this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> inline_mod_thread_helper_redirect

Move the red code to a different option:

Code:
<ul>
	<li><label for="ctrl_create_redirect_none"><input type="radio" name="create_redirect" value="" id="ctrl_create_redirect_none" /> {xen:phrase do_not_leave_redirect}</label></li>
	<li><label for="ctrl_create_redirect_permanent"><input type="radio" name="create_redirect" value="permanent" id="ctrl_create_redirect_permanent" /> {xen:phrase leave_permanent_redirect}</label></li>
	<li><label for="ctrl_create_redirect_expiring"><input type="radio" name="create_redirect" value="expiring" id="ctrl_create_redirect_expiring" checked="checked" class="Disabler" /> {xen:phrase leave_redirect_that_expires_after}:</label>
		<ul id="ctrl_create_redirect_expiring_Disabler">
			<li>
				<input type="text" size="5" name="redirect_ttl_value" value="1" class="textCtrl autoSize" />
				<select name="redirect_ttl_unit" class="textCtrl autoSize">
					<option value="hours">{xen:phrase hours}</option>
					<option value="days" selected="selected">{xen:phrase days}</option>
					<option value="weeks">{xen:phrase weeks}</option>
					<option value="months">{xen:phrase months}</option>
				</select>
			</li>
		</ul>
	</li>
</ul>

Lone Wolf

Thanks for that Jake, I've changed the default

1) Delete the redirect using inline moderation, like you would a regular thread. It is separate from the target thread.
That's unnecessarily complicated. Redirects should only have two inline options...

a) Remove redirects
b) change expiration

2) Edit this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> inline_mod_thread_helper_redirect

Move the red code to a different option:

Code:
<ul>
    <li><label for="ctrl_create_redirect_none"><input type="radio" name="create_redirect" value="" id="ctrl_create_redirect_none" /> {xen:phrase do_not_leave_redirect}</label></li>
    <li><label for="ctrl_create_redirect_permanent"><input type="radio" name="create_redirect" value="permanent" id="ctrl_create_redirect_permanent" /> {xen:phrase leave_permanent_redirect}</label></li>
    <li><label for="ctrl_create_redirect_expiring"><input type="radio" name="create_redirect" value="expiring" id="ctrl_create_redirect_expiring" checked="checked" class="Disabler" /> {xen:phrase leave_redirect_that_expires_after}:</label>
            <li>
                <input type="text" size="5" name="redirect_ttl_value" value="1" class="textCtrl autoSize" />
                </select>
            </li>
        </ul>
    </li>
</ul>
Jake (or anyone that knows), I also want the default to be no redirect. By "different option" would I be correct using the word "unchecked" so that the command is:

checked="unchecked"

And one more question. Whenever I move a thread to archives forum or trash bin, I end up there but I want to remain in the forum where the moved thread was, not where the thread now resides. Is there a template edit for that? Thanks.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Jake (or anyone that knows), I also want the default to be no redirect. By "different option" would I be correct using the word "unchecked" so that the command is:

checked="unchecked"

And one more question. Whenever I move a thread to archives forum or trash bin, I end up there but I want to remain in the forum where the moved thread was, not where the thread now resides. Is there a template edit for that? Thanks.
There are 3 input tags there. Move the red piece as is to one of the other input tags. Example:

Code:
<ul>
	<li><label for="ctrl_create_redirect_permanent"><input type="radio" name="create_redirect" value="permanent" id="ctrl_create_redirect_permanent" checked="checked" /> {xen:phrase leave_permanent_redirect}</label></li>
	<li><label for="ctrl_create_redirect_expiring"><input type="radio" name="create_redirect" value="expiring" id="ctrl_create_redirect_expiring" class="Disabler" /> {xen:phrase leave_redirect_that_expires_after}:</label>
			<li>
				</select>
			</li>
		</ul>
	</li>
</ul>
Changing the redirect requires a proper addon, not a template edit.