How to remove Avatars and Signatures in a specific style?

Edrondol

This one should be fairly easy (even though I haven't figured it out yet).

I am making a minimal style and want to remove avatars and signatures from the postbit. I've gotten rid of the avatars in the thread view, but not in the posts.

Thanks in advance!

template: message
has this code for signature:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature}">
<div class="baseHtml signature ugc{xen:if $message.isIgnored, ' ignored'}"><aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside></div>
</xen:if>
I believe if you remove that, the signature will be gone from the post messages.

template: message_user_info
has this code for the avatar:
Code:
<xen:hook name="message_user_info_avatar" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
<div class="avatarHolder">
<xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" itemprop="photo" />
<!-- slot: message_user_info_avatar -->
</div>
</xen:hook>

I would leave that, but instead rewrite it so the div and xen:avatar part is replaced with say:
<div>{$user.username}</div> (or whatever the code is to display the posts's username.

Point #1: Thanks to you both for helping.
Point #2: I stand on the shoulders of giants. And by this I mean if I see code I can generally follow it and change it in minute ways to make ti do what I want (unless I break it then I cry for help!) But doing a css edit myself is asking for trouble. :)

To avoid template edits, you could try using EXTRA.css utilising display:none for some of the classes, especially the signatures.

No doubt you will have to do some template edits though.

Have a word with these guys, they already have a "no avatars" style: http://www.urban75.net/forums/

http://xenforo.com/community/members/lazy-llama.152/
Very true, and in a way, if someone wants a style that's different for guests as members, they can use conditionals in extra.css

if guest { do the display:none stuff }

then it's minimalistic to guests, (though still available in rendered html output of course)
but the members have the full fledged version.

and it's just 1 style, rather than 2.

Point #1: Thanks to you both for helping.
Point #2: I stand on the shoulders of giants. And by this I mean if I see code I can generally follow it and change it in minute ways to make ti do what I want (unless I break it then I cry for help!) But doing a css edit myself is asking for trouble. :)

Pro tip then: Export the style, import it with the name "me just trying things out"
Then if you want to try editing, you edit in the trying-out style first, and if you like it, apply the edit to the live style.

You can set the trying-out style to No for 'allow user to change to this style', as admins can still load it in the browser.

Top Bottom