• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to remove Avatars and Signatures in a specific style?

Edrondol

This one should be fairly easy (even though I haven't figured it out yet).

I am making a minimal style and want to remove avatars and signatures from the postbit. I've gotten rid of the avatars in the thread view, but not in the posts.

Thanks in advance!

F

Floris

template: message
has this code for signature:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature}">
<div class="baseHtml signature ugc{xen:if $message.isIgnored, ' ignored'}"><aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside></div>
</xen:if>
I believe if you remove that, the signature will be gone from the post messages.

F

Floris

template: message_user_info
has this code for the avatar:
Code:
<xen:hook name="message_user_info_avatar" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
<div class="avatarHolder">
<xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" itemprop="photo" />
<!-- slot: message_user_info_avatar -->
</div>
</xen:hook>
I would leave that, but instead rewrite it so the div and xen:avatar part is replaced with say:
<div>{$user.username}</div> (or whatever the code is to display the posts's username.

Edrondol

Point #1: Thanks to you both for helping.
Point #2: I stand on the shoulders of giants. And by this I mean if I see code I can generally follow it and change it in minute ways to make ti do what I want (unless I break it then I cry for help!) But doing a css edit myself is asking for trouble. :)

F

Floris

To avoid template edits, you could try using EXTRA.css utilising display:none for some of the classes, especially the signatures.

No doubt you will have to do some template edits though.

Have a word with these guys, they already have a "no avatars" style: http://www.urban75.net/forums/

http://xenforo.com/community/members/lazy-llama.152/
Very true, and in a way, if someone wants a style that's different for guests as members, they can use conditionals in extra.css

if guest { do the display:none stuff }

then it's minimalistic to guests, (though still available in rendered html output of course)
but the members have the full fledged version.

and it's just 1 style, rather than 2.

F

Floris

Point #1: Thanks to you both for helping.
Point #2: I stand on the shoulders of giants. And by this I mean if I see code I can generally follow it and change it in minute ways to make ti do what I want (unless I break it then I cry for help!) But doing a css edit myself is asking for trouble. :)
Pro tip then: Export the style, import it with the name "me just trying things out"
Then if you want to try editing, you edit in the trying-out style first, and if you like it, apply the edit to the live style.

You can set the trying-out style to No for 'allow user to change to this style', as admins can still load it in the browser.