1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to padding between moderaterbar and header?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by bogus, Jul 27, 2011.

1. bogus

bogus Guest

Hello. I want to get a gap between the starburst Header and the Moderator bar .
    As you can see in the Picture, the Starburst ist to close to the top. I would like to get a spacing of at least 20px

Unbenannt.png

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try adding margin-top:20px to #logo in EXTRA.css.

3. bogus

bogus Guest

My Fault. I think i have not correctly written what i meant. Not only the logo should move, also the starburst Background. The whole part inculded Logo and starburst background should move....
    That it looks like this. Done this just with MS Paint
    Unbenannt.png

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

It seems like what you're asking is more of an image edit not a code edit... if I'm understanding correctly.

5. Brogan

I agree with Russ, just add a 20px transparent section to the top of your background image.

6. bogus

bogus Guest

Thanks. But its just moving the header behind the Forum. I need to get all down. Otherwise it will look strange ;)
    Unbenannt.png

7. Brogan

You will need to do the same to the logo and increase the height in the ACP.
    Or you may be able to just get away with adding padding-top to the logo.

8. Floris

Floris Guest

The shadow below the mod bar just looks so sexy, :D Glad to see it on more sites.

9. bogus

bogus Guest

You have offered the modifications, why not using it?! ;)

10. bogus

bogus Guest

Its not the padding of the logo. Not sure if any dont see it..... or missunderstand me, but the Starburst Background switches behind the forum after i added a transparent padding in the graphic
    Forget the logo for now. its not important.
    There seems to be no way to get the whole forum, included the header graphic away from the moderatorbar