XF 1.5 How To make a Post "Sticky" Created by A Moderator/ User?

MSiddiq

I am the admin of my form. I want to know how to make a post Sticky created by a Moderator or User?

or, Is there any way to give permission to a Moderator so that the Moderator can create a Sticky Post?

Thank You

It's the 'Stick / unstick thread' permission.

if the post was Sticky than i may not create any post here.... and you know general registered user unable to create sticky post without given permission or so......

OK. The post is UnSticky, but i want make this post sticky.. as well i want to know how to give permission to a Moderator so that they can Create Sticky Post.

Thank You.

i granted permission all Allow to a Moderator; but when she edited previous post and wants to make that post sticky, there is no option to make it Sticky.

naD7vq11qzjp5czW0v1Pl-yOIHzL5eFiMBDtTYA1SlFZSf8CGte_c0VojnocV4gaQONtwIriOGWtDvhY4aVRxQxJ4Yw27yxKl0Nh=w1557-h526

i granted permission all Allow to a Moderator; but when she edited previous post and wants to make that post sticky, there is no option to make it Sticky.

maybe I have the wrong end of the stick, but making a sticky is not done in edit post.

Well, not on my forum.

You don't make a post sticky, you make thread sticky - so it's done in thread tools when the thread is being viewed, or by ticking the box next to the thread when the forum is being viewed.

Can you give me screenshots of Ideal Permission for "Moderator" and "Registered User"...... I tried to set permission, and i think i just made a big mess with permission setting. so want to set default/ideal permission for Moderator, Registered User............

Thank You

There are no ideal settings - it depends on your individual requirements and use case.

Set the Registered user group with the permissions you want all members to have.

Set the Moderating user group with the permissions you want all moderators to have.

Can you give me screenshots of Ideal Permission for "Moderator" and "Registered User"

This is my ideal forum Moderator permissions (but as Brogan said, there is no ideal setting for everyone, e.g. do you trust your mods to hard delete?)

Screen Shot 2015-09-18 at 18.22.30.webp

Note you can set this in the moderating User Group or individual user permissions that are available when you make someone a moderator here and then click on their name:

Screen Shot 2015-09-18 at 18.24.26.webp

The terminology being used by the OP is making it confusing on what he wants. By default Moderators can Sticky Threads

Post are the messages within a thread (posts cannot be set as Sticky!), if you want other users (non moderators) to be able to Sticky a Thread then create a new user group, name it Sticky Thread group or something, then apply Stick / Unstick Thread permission only and add the users to that group.

I know this topic is older, but I think I might know what the problem is. I'm having the same issue. There is no place within the forum/node/posts themselves to Sticky a post. I've tried Topic view. I've tried Post view.

Is there a setting I'm overlooking that makes those controls pop up? I have all permissions Allowed for my two admin accounts, and I set up my main account as a Super Admin.

You can do it from the thread view ...

upload_2016-1-28_20-7-15.webp

... and forum view ...

upload_2016-1-28_20-8-4.webp

If you don't see the dropdown and Edit link it is due to incorrect permissions.

Top Bottom