MG 1.1 How to make a gallery & sub galleries only viewable/seen by specific group?

DarkGizmo

How can I make a specific gallery and sub albums/galleries made by members only accessible to a specific group or secondary group?

I thought I had the permissions set properly but apparently not. Is this even possible? Thanks.

Category permissions are not recursive so you need to set permissions for each category specifically in the Admin CP.

Albums can't be nested and only the owner of the album can change permissions.

Category permissions are not recursive so you need to set permissions for each category specifically in the Admin CP.

Albums can't be nested and only the owner of the album can change permissions.
Ah, okay. :) So it's possible for regular members to see a premium album if a member who has an album in that category doesn't set the permissions properly? Cuz that's the issue we've had.

It's not possible to add albums to categories.

It's not totally clear the issue you're experiencing. If you can explain the specific elements you have involved, how they are set up and what you are expecting to happen vs what is actually happening, we'll make sure everything is working as it should.

Ya, adding albums to categories would be awesome. Albums keep track of our thousands of images from a single event. Categories work best for setting what type of media it is. However, these two functions don't work together so we are forced to add the media twice. Decided to just list videos via category and left albums for everything else because that's the only way to manage this content without duplication.

Otherwise media prefix add on would do this too if that was ever a thing.

Top Bottom