How to go about this?

Drae

Thanks to those of you who have helped me out this weekend. Greatly appreciated!

My Xenforo installation at sizaelrpg.com has been somewhat damaged after the MySQL database became too large for the max allowances for MySQL databases on the hosting package (their techs didn't read the Xenforo server error log I gave them and broke quite a bit instead).

Before my hosting provider's people went into it, I did download a copy of the MySQL database, and I have the original stuff to install Xenforo.

My question - with just the already downloaded database and a new installation of Xenforo elsewhere, is it possible to save my XF forum? When the hosting provider started messing around, I lost the ability to access my cpanel so grabbing a full backup is not going to be easy and as they broke a lot of the stuff on there that uses MySQL, anything I download at this point won't work.

Hopefully that makes sense :/ If not, let me know and I'll try to explain better!

If you have a backup of the original database then all you need to do is import it into your installation.

You can either do that with your current installation by moving the server files or install a fresh copy of the software on the new server, ensuring you also install any add-ons you had.

If you do a fresh install, make sure you at least copy the /data and /internal_data directories across as they contain the avatars and attachments.

Then just make sure the database details in config.php match the new installation.

Top Bottom