How To Find A Person To Create My XenForo Community?

Connie8

Hello folks,

Well, I've spent a lot of time working-out what I want my XenForo community to do - and I've documented it too!

I'll be using XenForo Cloud, but I don't have the skills to create the community myself. How do I find someone to do this?

Can someone please point me to a list of reputable XenForo developers? (If that's the correct term, I don't actually need any new software developed, just a Forum put together). Alternatively recommend some known good, trustworthy people?

If this is not an appropriate question for this Forum, apologies in advance. But I've been surprised that's it's not easier for a newcomer to find such recommendations.

Thanks,
Connie

Physically creating the structure of your forum is not that hard at all.

Just run the XF demo and create it in the admin control panel to get a feel for it. Also, look at the manual which describes the basics of doing this.

This way, you can fully evaluate the software without spending money.

What kinds of things do you need help with? Setting up the Cloud install, or only after that? Are you planning to use a lot of add-ons? Are you using a standard style (or modify the standard), or do you want to use a third-party style? Will you need admin help after the setup?

Maybe you could share some of your planning documentation so people could see what you are trying to do?

M@rc, FTL and bookworm

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

My thinking is that using XenForo Cloud hosting would deal with the technical installation stuff. Yes, we (my husband and I) expect to use a good number of Add-Ons, also to use a third-party style. One issue for us is lack of technical expertise, a second is lack of time. Another is that we'd like to benefit from someone with good XenForo knowledge so that we don't miss obvious capabilities or make stupid mistakes. That's why I feel we need an expert to set it up for us.

Probably we would want some long-term admin support, too. We have a webmaster for our Wordpress site and find this to be very beneficial.

The plan is to integrate a XenForo forum with our existing WordPress site. So our forum/community would be a sub-domain of that site. For an example of the type of XenForo experience we're looking-for, I like this implementation:

https://www.synoCommunity.com/
Specific attractions are:
Use of Prefixes for posts
Switchable light/dark/horizontal/vertical modes
Grid layout of Home Page
Member recognition/description information in post headers
Use of Trophies and Badges for member recognition

Thank you,
Connie

Well, taking the Cloud option, completely removes the hardcore techie stuff for you. Literally just log in and go.

You probably will benefit from someone who can help you design the forum, as there's still a fair amount of work there and the logo especially, can be a challenge. Sorry I can't recommend anyone.

I still think you should try the demo to get a feel for it. That works precisely like the Cloud version, with a few things disabled, add-ons, I think and perhaps one or two others.

I can recommend Russ's designs at Pixel exit :) He can also do custom design I believe, and offers support after you first get one of his styles.

I'm not sure how easy it is to integrate Xenforo with an existing Wordpress site - someone else might know. I built my first Xenforo forum from scratch without any technical knowledge apart from support from Russ and Bob on various issues re their software and addons, and help on here. It's not that difficult - I found the difficult bit was the server side. And I got support with that from my server. Like anything, once you've done it, it's not as difficult as it seems and I have learned a lot along the way!

I'm not sure how easy it is to integrate Xenforo with an existing Wordpress site
From @kolakube

M@rc, FTL and bookworm

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

My thinking is that using XenForo Cloud hosting would deal with the technical installation stuff. Yes, we (my husband and I) expect to use a good number of Add-Ons, also to use a third-party style. One issue for us is lack of technical expertise, a second is lack of time. Another is that we'd like to benefit from someone with good XenForo knowledge so that we don't miss obvious capabilities or make stupid mistakes. That's why I feel we need an expert to set it up for us.

Probably we would want some long-term admin support, too. We have a webmaster for our Wordpress site and find this to be very beneficial.

The plan is to integrate a XenForo forum with our existing WordPress site. So our forum/community would be a sub-domain of that site. For an example of the type of XenForo experience we're looking-for, I like this implementation:

https://www.synoCommunity.com/
Specific attractions are:
Use of Prefixes for posts
Switchable light/dark/horizontal/vertical modes
Grid layout of Home Page
Member recognition/description information in post headers
Use of Trophies and Badges for member recognition

Thank you,
Connie
Sorry, that example should have been https://www.synoforum.com/ That makes a lot more sense! Apologies to anyone who was misled by my incorrect url.

Connie

Top Bottom