1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to edit a page?!??!

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by boboman13, Jun 7, 2013.

1. boboman13

boboman13 New Member

Hello everyone. This is an extremely simple question, and I feel as if the answer is literally lying right in front of me - but I have not found it out yet. How do you edit a xen page?!??! Once you create one in the node tree, you can edit the template HTML, but I need to edit the main stuff.
    How do you do this?!?!?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What do you mean, "main stuff"? You can edit the template directly using _page_node.x. If you click on its name in the node list, as you would editing a forum or category, you will get all the options associated with the page ready for editing.

3. boboman13

boboman13 New Member

I mean the inner HTML of the page; the content. When you would click on it in the node list, are you supposed to see 3 tabs about Basic Info, Page Options and PHP Callback?

4. Jeremy

What you are looking for is ACP -> Node Tree -> {Page} -> Page Options -> Template HTML, or you could directly edit the template through ACP -> Appearance -> Templates -> {Default Style} -> page_node.{node_id}. You define all content via that template.

5. boboman13

boboman13 New Member

Is there a reason why, then, when I use "<h1>test</h1>", it is not the header size but a paragraph size?

6. Jeremy

Probably some CSS laying around. I'm seeing some css defined that sets h1 - h6 to font-size:100%, which causes it to look normal. I'm trying to track down where that's being defined.

Edit, its in xenforo_reset.css. Look for h1 using your browser's search. Remove the font-size: 100% from the definition. I'd check to make sure this doesn't have adverse effects elsewhere (I doubt it does)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    Achmed likes this.
  7. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-create-a-page-node.354/

Check out the first code box Brogan has there

Code:
    <div class="messageText ugc baseHtml">
    your content here
    </div>
    His screenshot explains what the differences do and look like.

8. emmy

emmy Active Member

Hello,
    I found this while searching for "how to edit HTML" on page i created. I created "Privacy Policy" as a new page on the footer of my site - but would like to change some of the html on that page since my domain name is changing. Please any help will be appreciated. I have checked templates, phrases, style properties and more?

Thank you

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Edit the page template HTML.

10. emmy

emmy Active Member

Thanks Brogan - I have been searching under templates, and unable to find "Privacy Policy" as you can see on my site footer. Maybe i should be searching for something else?

upload_2014-9-1_13-42-15.png

11. Brogan

emmy likes this.
  12. emmy

emmy Active Member

Okay!. So do i still find the page node under the templates?. Jesus, i know this is lying around somewhere - checked the nob tree and not there. I feel lame asking this

13. Brogan

It's a page node, it will be in the node tree.

emmy likes this.
  14. emmy

emmy Active Member

Never mind Brogan - found it. Thank you so much for your patience and the guide:)