XF 2.2 How to create a private "Support Thread"?

BubbaLovesCheese

I know it is possible to create a Forum where the Threads are only visible to the Topic Starter. However, I am unable to find those settings in the Admin Panel.

Can someone please let me know where I can find, and how to set the permissions, so that the threads are only visible to the person who created them, and a specific support group like staff members?

Thank you!

In ACP > Forums > nodes > node permissions

In the permissions for that specific forum, set permissions for view threads by others registered group = no
Moderating group = yes (inherit)

Last edited:
Hey that's great! Thanks!

Just one more question.....

On the front end it says "private".

Is there a way to make new responses, last post by, and date, visible to the thread author on the front end??

front end.webp

s there a way to make new responses, last post by, and date, visible to the thread author on the front end??
Not that I'm aware of in forum list. You'd think people would be able to see their own threads when in forum list. At least though, the word private gives them reassurance that it is private.

In ACP > Forums > nodes > node permissions

In the permissions for that specific forum, set permissions for view threads by others registered group = no

Hi, Just to add one more thing, just in case another user wants to know....

set permissions for view threads by others:

registered group = no
unregistered group = no (otherwise a user could just logout and then view the thread!) :)

Looks like I do have them on private now. Mine don't say private, but when you try to get in it is. It says that they don't have permission for that action and has an error. However, I can't get the originator of the thread in, either. LOL!!!!! :)

Finally got it! Thanks so MUCH!!!! It was working but not showing up on my permissions tests. So I thought it wasn't working. Thanks for the help and clear instructions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom