How to create a box?

Carlos

Okay, so I am thinking of putting links in the footer section of www.mvc3forum.com

But I'm looking for the code that creates a box - and I'm not sure exactly if I can use HTML for links and whatnot.

These links will go under the "Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010 XenForo Ltd." and "Terms and Rules" links.

In that case, just create a new class in EXTRA.css with the markup you want - text color, border, etc. and then add your links using that class.

You can create a new class and call it what you like, as long as it isn't the same as an existing class.
I always prefix new classes with my forum initials, so for example .cta_footer_links, that way I know there won't be a conflict.

Then add the content using <div class="cta_footer_links">....</div>.

Or you can do inline styling, but I personally avoid that wherever possible; for example <div style="color: red; border: 1px solid">...</div>.

More or less.
You can include the <center> in the class using, e.g. text-align: center.#

An example class would be:
Code:
.cta_footer_links {
color: red;
border: 1px solid #000000;
text-align: center;
}

Okay, so now I know how to do it, where do I put the <div class="cta_footer_links">link markup here?</div> code? I mean, I don't exactly know which footer template I should be looking for what I want.

Sorry for the bump, but when I added the div...I sometimes see this lil whitespace:
whitepix.webp
If you can't see it, it's on the lower left corner.

While I do want the space between the div and the bottom of the browser to have some kind of space, I don't want this "whitespace." Because it makes my board look like its broken. heh. "broken." lol :D

This is beta 5, so no I haven't upgraded yet.

Top Bottom