1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much memory needed for ES?

Discussion in 'Enhanced Search Support' started by OakleyForum, Jan 17, 2014.

1. OakleyForum

OakleyForum Active Member

I asked my hosting company to install ES for me, and they replied saying when they attempted to they recieved this message:

I am wondering how much memory is needed to install it? I am currently running a VPS with 2.5GB of ram for a forum with 300K posts, and our forum runs great. Is there a minimum just to install ES?

Just looked on the server and it looks like were only using ~10-15% of the memory as is.

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Get them to check the config file to see how much its trying to assign.

3. OakleyForum

Just sent them a message. What is the recommended memory allocation for a forum with 300K posts, assuming some growth? 512mb?

4. Slavik

something like that yea

5. OakleyForum

I just recieved this message when trying to turn on enhanced search

Code:
    An exception occurred: No response returned from Elasticsearch. Is it running? in /home/oakleyfo/public_html/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php on line 777
    1.    XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_assertIndexSuccessful() in XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 67
    2.    XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->finalizeRebuildSet() in DigitalPointSearch/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 11
    3.    DigitalPointSearch_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->__destruct() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 243
    4.    XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 243
    5.    XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 369
    6.    XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 322
    7.    XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
    8.    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 130
    9.    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 604
    10.    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/oakleyfo/public_html/admin.php at line 13

My hosting company said it was on, but I will double check with them.

6. Slavik

7. OakleyForum

Figured it out, it appears the host is having issues setting up the ES wrapper. Are there any instructions for setting it up on centOS?

8. Slavik

p4guru likes this.
  9. Slavik

that assumes ES is installed in /elasticsearch

modify as required...

10. OakleyForum

Thanks, got it working and loving it!