How does "What's New" update?

BGL

Are topics eliminated from "What's New" after the member reads them? Do topics show up but lose the blue dot "Go to first unread message" graphic/link? I don't see that happening if I read a topic and then hit "What's New" again. It doesn't seem to update.

If I "Mark All Read" the "What's New" seems to clear out, "Nothing to see here" message with offer to see all threads in last posted to order.

Thanks. I thought "What's New" updated after a topic was read but a XenForo site I'm on it didn't seem to update. Maybe I was using backbutton or something. Now that I know fer shure it's supposed to I'll try it again.

Just to clarify, What's new show all new posts, even if it is in a thread you have previously read. If there is a reply there, it will show as new. The recent will show recent posts / threads.

Just to clarify, What's new show all new posts, even if it is in a thread you have previously read.

I log on.
Click "What's New".
Hit blue link to see Last Unread for Me in that thread.
Read the whole thread.
Click on "Whats New" again.

Will the discussion I just read completely be on the list or will it be deleted from the "What's New"?

I think it sometimes can seem to stick, because it has passed on a page. If I am not mistaken, Xenforo takes you to the first unread post, not the last post submitted, so even if you think you have read the entire thread, there might be some unread on the next page.

Also, some threads move really fast here.

I think it sometimes can seem to stick, because it has passed on a page. If I am not mistaken, Xenforo takes you to the first unread post, not the last post submitted, so even if you think you have read the entire thread, there might be some unread on the next page.

Also, some threads move really fast here.

It wasn't a case of a message was posted in the time I left to reclicking What's New. I thought that was it and clicked on it (Ah another pearl of wisdom posted!) to go back but the last message was the one I had read previously. Maybe it was a case of sticking as you say, just moving too fast for the update to percolate to the "What's New".

I log on.
Click "What's New".
Hit blue link to see Last Unread for Me in that thread.
Read the whole thread.
Click on "Whats New" again.

Will the discussion I just read completely be on the list or will it be deleted from the "What's New"?
It should be removed from the What's New until it gets another new reply.

Top Bottom