1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I export an add-on so that it can be installed elsewhere?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Renegade, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

I have add-on installed which has gone through some changes in templates. I want the add-on developer to continue from where it is currently at. So how do I go about it? Can I export it so that it goes out with the changes included so that he can continue from where I left?

2. James

James Well-Known Member

admin.php?add-ons/
    Controls -> Export

3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

I hope you've done all the template & phrase changes in the masterstyle & masterlanguage?:p

4. Renegade

Err as in? Can you please elaborate :)

5. Renegade

That option is not there. I have upgrade, disable and uninstall there. What am i missing?

6. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

If you have done the template edits for the addon in any other style except master style you wont be exporting it properly. You would have to transfer all of the addon edits to the master style before attempting to export it
    You need to put your board into debug mode for that option to appear.

Renegade and ragtek like this.
  7. Floris

Floris Guest

Renegade likes this.
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Floris likes this.
  9. Renegade

Thanks all. I will make all changes to the default theme templates and turn debug mode on. Hopefully will post an add-on update request in the coming week.

10. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

You first need to turn debug mode on, then you need to make the changes in the MASTER style (not the Default Style). The only way to get access to the Master style is to be in Debug Mode.

ragtek likes this.
  11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

The option to export add-ons in XF 1.100beta 4 is not available. Is this a bug?

12. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

Here it is ok:

Sem título.png

13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Not working for me on both of my xenforo sites.

14. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

15. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

Are you in debug mode?

The8thLegion likes this.
  16. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

No. Thanks bro!

Fuhrmann likes this.