1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I display ads only to certain users?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Jaxel, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Lets say I have a premium membership upgrade path with usergroup 5. If someone purchases premium membership, they will automatically join secondary usergroup 5. Inside of a TEMPLATE, how would I check to see if a user is part of this group? Basically I want to do something like:

Code:
    <xen:if is="!is_member($visitor, '5')">
    AD CODE
    </xen:if>

2. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

steven s likes this.
  3. kingston

kingston Well-Known Member

4. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Have you tried adding the ! right after the first " as shown below?

HTML:
    <xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 5}">
    	<!-- content -->

5. kingston

<xen:if is="{$post.position} == 0 AND !{$visitor.user_id}">

is what I currently have. That should only show the google ads (what is the conditional) to visitors, correct?

I want to say if they arent a member of my paid for group (No Ads that is part of the pay for update system) show the ads.

6. Lawrence

in the message template (at the very bottom) for your style, try this:

HTML:
    <xen:if is="!{$post.position} AND !{$visitor.user_id}">

<xen:if is="!{$message.conversation_id}">
    code for Ad here....  Remove $message.conversation_id IF statement if you want ads shown after 1st message of a PC as well.

7. kingston

First, thanks for your help!

Second, what if I want to show to everyone BUT the admin group and those that paid to upgrade? Groups 3 and 20

8. Lawrence

If you know the group id's and they are their primary group ids, then this will work for you (it's the simplest for your case):

HTML:
    <xen:if is="!{$post.position} AND !{$visitor.is_admin} AND {$visitor.user_group_id} != '20'">

code for Ad here....  Remove $message.conversation_id IF statement if you want ads shown after 1st message of a PC as well.

Young likes this.
  9. kingston

Does that group have to be a primary group? is there a way to do it for additional groups?

10. Lawrence

Yip, for addition groups that is where the newly added helper will come in. I haven't played with the ismemberof helper, but this should work (I just tested this quickly):

HTML:
    <xen:if is="!{$post.position} AND !{$visitor.is_admin} AND !{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 20}">

11. kingston

Perfecta! Now just figure how to have google ads post after the 1st post on a page and im set! haha

12. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

!{post.position} already does that. Or if you want to display ads after the first post on every page then use this.

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0 AND !{$visitor.is_admin} AND !{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 20}">