1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I change the size of the smiley dropdown in the editor?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Lone Wolf, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

I would liek to add bigger smileys to XenForo so I was wonderign if there is any way that I can make the smiley dropdown box wider and taller? Not by a lot, but by just enough to add a few more lines of smilies.

2. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

Add this to your EXTRA.css

Code:
    .xenForoSkin .mceSmiliesMenu div {
    width: 156px !important;
    }
    Change the width to whatever you need.

3. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

will this work in flexile and other skins too?

4. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

Should. Try it and see. ;)

5. davespanzer

davespanzer Active Member

I cant seem to get this to work, I added this in the EXTRA.css and nothing changes. I'm using the Baisik theme form XenFocus am I supposed to change something? I've tried a few things, but cant get the smiley area any wider. Thanks,

width: 156px !important;
    }

6. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

Use this :)

Code:
    width: 356px!important;
    }
    156px is the default width of the dropdown, so obviously it will look the same :p

DFI, Jake Bunce and davespanzer like this.
  7. davespanzer

ya that was a copy and paste from the top, I tried the following also and no change, any ideas?

}

8. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

Hmm not sure, works on my forum :(

Jake Bunce and davespanzer like this.
  9. davespanzer

I sorted out the problem, I had a mistake in another edit in the extra.css that prevented this from working. Cheers

Jake Bunce and ShadyX like this.
  10. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

I've got the same problem. It doesn't appear that anything in my EXTRA.css is working. I use cloudflare, and I've turned on development mode so that CSS isn't going through cloud flare. I also turned off templates being saved as files, thinking it was a caching issue.

I only have this in EXTRA.css.
    Code:
    /* Increase width of smiley dropdown menu */
    }

I don't understand what could be wrong. Chrome still tells me that mceSmiliesMenu is still only 158px...
    ???

11. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

Well, I found my problem too. Even though you can put your site in development mode in CloudFlare, it seems like it still might be caching a thing or too, "pausing" my site on CloudFlare seemed to fix the problem.

12. DFI

DFI Active Member

Thanks. Was looking for this settings. Solved my issues. Was troubling since long time. (y)