How cheap is ~£5 for a wildcard ssl certificate?

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
I ordered a wildcard SSL certificate from a danish site, and it came to just under £5 in total.

How cheap is that, or is it normal?

I haven't actually received the certificate yet, the support team said that my certificate 'is going through some security checks. It can take a few days.'.

I'm hopeful though. The main reason for this thread, is is that cheap or not?

Liam

5 per year?
Is the wildcard limited in any way?
Sounds good to me.

It's valid for 5 years, and not that I know of - full wildcard.

I'll be more sure when I get the certificate. Someone I know passed the site on to me, they said they've got a few from the site.

The offer isn't valid anymore though.

Liam

I tried to purchase wildcard certificate from digitaltcertifikat.dk but I did not get any response, or any certificate detail. I believe this website is not selling ssl more or some system error. Also worried about support later purchase.

I found another ssl supplier called ssl2buy. I ordered wildcard certificate and within five minutes I got the certificate. While I was facing installation issue, the technical support team gave me an instant solution in just couple of minutes. They offer great deals and provide excellence customer support.

Also live sales support offered me discount coupon for 5 years having 50% discount on alphassl wildcard.

I’m sharing this coupon code for you: S2B50AWC

I'd be extremely wary of them. They don't seem to to be able to string a sentence together. There's masses of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes on the homepage alone.

I only noticed those grammatical errors after I made the purchase. One time I had to contact them for help regarding installation and they were quick to reply. I installed one of the SSL certificate on my site cornishcreative.com and it seems to work alright. So far no problems. :)

Edit: I think these guys are from Russia. I contacted them again regarding converting my SHA1 certificate to SHA2 and they said they will make it available starting 13th of September. Their response was again prompt.

Last edited:
As most of the members has shared their feedback, I would not write more on the pricing but here I will share my insight based on 10 years of experience in industry.
Before making the purchase decision, I always prefer reviewing the reputation of certificate authority and its technical specifications as many certificate are available at free of cost but they do not support all browsers and your visitors may see browser warning. Such certificate may result in negative impact on revenue and user trust.

It is always recommended to make comparison online and check for the review. I did quick search on Google about found below resources to share with you guys to make your purchase decision easier.
Hope these resources will be helpful to all looking to buy cheap wildcard ssl certificate which is authentic and trustworthy.

ahh i dont get this what does wildcard do
Google can really be your friend (unless your country blocks it)
https://www.digicert.com/wildcard-ssl-certificates.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcard_certificate

Basically allows multiple sub-domains of a domain to be secured. Normally people will get a single domain cert, but if you use a layout like
site.com
-----> forums.site.com
------------> blogs.site.com
-------------------> gallery.site.com

it allows each of those to be ran under SSL since they are a sub-domain off the root site.com domain.

Top Bottom