1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can you test styles and templates without impacting users?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Shamufish, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Shamufish

Shamufish Member

I'd like to test new styles and templates and not bother my users by using the 'live' site.
    How can I do this?
  2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

IMHO like all other testing (e.g. big upgrades ,add-ons,...)=> on an test board;)
    My 0.02€ :)
    Bob likes this.
  3. Shamufish

Shamufish Member

OK but since the license is linked to a TLD and requires that all subdomains point at the same install.... how do you do that?
  4. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

you are permitted one private test install.
  5. Shamufish

Shamufish Member

Meaning I need to install on a different box accessible only through localhost or assuming my domain is shamufish.com, or could I have both live.shamufish.com and test.shamufish.com on the same box running in parallel?
    dieketzer likes this.
  6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

To work on and test a new style just don't make it user selectable. You will still be able to select it.
  7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

"You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff."
  8. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

yes, or shamufish.com/test or whatever.
    just so long as it isnt open to the public for use.
    if you keep it permanently in 'inactive' mode you will be safe.
  9. Shamufish

Shamufish Member

Sweet! Thank you