XF 2.2 How can one add a 'tag' (hashtag?) to a forum/node thread/post?

Zardoz43

How can one add a (content) 'tag' (aka hashtag?) to a forum/node thread/post?

Context: I
have just set up a new XENFORO FORUM a few months ago. (Sep 2021) -
I 'imported' from a VBULLETIN 3.7 board I had run for several years.
I have Installed all 'official' add-ons XenForo Enhanced Search 2.2.2; XenForo Importers 1.5.1; XenForo Media Gallery 2.2.4; - XenForo Media Gallery 2.2.4

I just upgraded to Xenforo "Your upgrade to 2.2.8 Patch 1 has completed successfully! today."
=============================================================
I just ENABLED content tagging on the Admin control panel.
Enable content tagging - Tagging is a system that allows keywords to be applied to content to aid searching and content browsing.

I've already spent at least a few hours looking for the XENFORO DOCUMENTATION on the subject of TAGS
The documentation refers to things on the ADMIN CONTROL PANEL that do NOT exist on my current up-to-date version.

Specifically, the documentation refers to items "attachments, attachment manager and Tags'
1640906003536.webp

which I do not see on MY admin control panel
1640904174334.png

So before I ask any more questions - can anyone confirm that
1. TAGS CAN BE ENABLED IN THE CURRENT PLAIN VANILLA XENFORO
2. I DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL SOME PRIVATE ADD-ON TO GET MY TAGS

I have also spent at least a few hours researching and testing so as not to be embarrassed with
"OH DID YOU NOT PLAINLY SEE IN THE OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION THAT IT SIMPLY A MATTER OF CHECKING 'YES' - I WANT TAGS'
(insert emoticon that indicates irony here)

===========================================================
SOME RESULTS OF MY 'TRIAL AND ERROR' 'FEEBLE' ATTEMPTS to allow TAGS on my forum:

1. I FOUND THE 'TAGS TABLE in my Xenforo database and it contained a dozen tags
A current forum member that was 'imported from Vbulletin' :) confessed to adding the tags but has not yet replied to my
conversation or thread as to whether they added the TAGS to the old imported forum or has entered them on the new forum.

2. I AM ALSO TRYING TO FIGURED OUT DOING POLLS on Xenforo - but may require it's own Xenforo Comunity thread
during 'trial and error' testing of setting up a Xenforo Poll
I was PROMPTED to enter my TAGS and I did enter a half-dozen TEST TAGS
which DID APPEAR on the top banner heading of the thread when I came back to it.
So I did ACCIDENTALLY - with out intending to - add my first Xenforo TAGS ACCIDENTALLY. :)

3. I've already tried to "ROLL MY OWN' tags by adding possible TAG-like prefix characters on test posts
like @tagnakemlo (I had just entered "@TAG' and the forum software suggested @tagnakemlo so I took it. (Thank you Xen :)
I also try to create some TAG by using the Pound Prefix (#) which I understand is used in TWITTER
(insert emoticon for involuntary ejection of undigested foodstuffs - It's an unrelated story about how my first Twitter account was taken over by evil hackers. 👿)

So random tag-prefix experimentation was not #successful and neither was it @successful
===========================================================================

So thanks very much 'community' if anybody has read this far and may have any 'technical' suggestions
as to 'how does one enter a content TAG on a Xenforo forum?????

["Thanks in advance" if I do not get an email or alert that some one has responded to this inquiry
but I will drop by 'before New Year' - or every few hours :)

OH! ONE LAST THING - AS I WAS ABOUT TO POST THIS HISTORIC FIRST POST ON THE XENFORO COMMUNITY FORUM
I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE (COULD IT BE A COINCIDENCE?)
OF THE TAGS: TEXT INPUT BOX.... !!!!+.
I WANT THIS TOO, PLEASE, HOW DO I PUT A TAGS: INPUT BOX ON ALL MY FORUM'S THREADS???????
(but I will refrain from testing this 'FREE TAG BOX' until I look up potential embarrassments on the 'TAGS Urban Dictionary' :)
Tags
Multiple tags may be separated by commas.

AND THE OPTIONS: CHECKBOXES!!!!

You will need to enable content tagging for the menu option to show -- /admin.php?options/groups/tagging/#maxContentTags .

I recommend going through all of the options and permissions to ensure all of the functions you want are enabled.

Top Bottom