How can i get cheap XenForo? - Turkey Economy Problem

hasanmerkit

How can I buy XenForo software cheaper? I don't need support either. I live in Turkey and because of the extremely bad economy, buying this software in dollars is as expensive like buying a laptop.

A worker's salary: 2.800 TL
XenForo: 1.324 TL

1630589110016.png

(Google Translate : TR -> EN)

Better use a free forum software, there are many available. Get the free one which can import your data to XF software & compatible with XF.
Use the free forum software, run ads on your site and once you earn some money, with that buy XF license & transfer your data to XF forum :)

How can I buy XenForo software cheaper? I don't need support either. I live in Turkey and because of the extremely bad economy, buying this software in dollars is as expensive like buying a laptop.

A worker's salary: 2.800 TL
XenForo: 1.324 TL

View attachment 256913

(Google Translate : TR -> EN)
The xenForo company cannot enter into a feature such as changing this. This is because it causes price variation among other countries.

@hasanmerkit Please contact me!

Better use a free forum software, there are many available. Get the free one which can import your data to XF software & compatible with XF.
Use the free forum software, run ads on your site and once you earn some money, with that buy XF license & transfer your data to XF forum :)

Or they could just allow crypto payments

The xenForo company cannot enter into a feature such as changing this. This is because it causes price variation among other countries.

@hasanmerkit Please contact me!
If u know Turkish lang, please contact hasanmerkit@outlook.com

You can purchase a second hand license from one of the sites which deals with that, or use free software until XF is more affordable for you.
Thanks but, using hand license is legal for XenForo? I not trust free softwares including open-source scripts.

I'd follow Brogan's advice. A used license from a reputable site is just as good as a new one and will be honoured by XF, too.

If you don't wanna do that, then open source free forums are your only other options.

You should by definition trust open source, because they can't sneak anything dodgy in there as it will be called out by others looking at the code.

Free forums to try are:
  • Simple Machines
  • MyBB
  • phpBB

When you do eventually get an XF license, you won't regret it. Have a play with the demo to get a feel for it.

Good luck.

I'd follow Brogan's advice. A used license from a reputable site is just as good as a new one and will be honoured by XF, too.

If you don't wanna do that, then open source free forums are your only other options.

You should by definition trust open source, because they can't sneak anything dodgy in there as it will be called out by others looking at the code.

Free forums to try are:
  • Simple Machines
  • MyBB
  • phpBB

When you do eventually get an XF license, you won't regret it. Have a play with the demo to get a feel for it.

Good luck.
Then will it be possible to transfer the database to different software?

MyBB to XenForo,
XenForo to MyBB :S ?

Aright , one more question - is it possible to install xenforo into two diffrent folders with one legal Xenforo ? (same domain and host) cuz I wanna divide it to two diffrent forums and wanna use same user database.

Free forums to try are:
  • Simple Machines
  • MyBB
  • phpBB

Good luck.
Oh please don't use SMF for god's sake.

Basically what I did 8 years ago. My country have a similar issue with the monetary question.

Started my nightmare with some opensource Forum, worked great (besides problems that we all know) until the business was bullet proof.

Earned small cents by day and in 2018, started my XF. Since then, just upgrades, new addons, themes…

Now I’m in the process of launching my second site, all based on XF.

Top Bottom