Holiday Joy [Deleted]

Aside from offering users separate versions of the skin with these features enabled/disabled, would it be possible for users to have the option to enable/disable these effects, specifically the snowfall? While I like the effects personally, a number of my users have complained in the past when we implemented them on our old vBulletin installation. Mostly those on slow connections and/or slow computers, but when most of your userbase is accessing through their parents old computers that can be a fairly significant portion of one's users.

Aside from offering users separate versions of the skin with these features enabled/disabled, would it be possible for users to have the option to enable/disable these effects, specifically the snowfall? While I like the effects personally, a number of my users have complained in the past when we implemented them on our old vBulletin installation. Mostly those on slow connections and/or slow computers, but when most of your userbase is accessing through their parents old computers that can be a fairly significant portion of one's users.

I'll push out an update tomorrow which will put some of the code into a template so you can go in and add a conditional around the html and css like so:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.customFields.holidayjoy.on} == 'on'">

Which would be linked to a custom user field.

hm it was a animated video ...

So are you sorted?

Can you screenshot what you're seeing. I did notice in mobile it's trying to load them mobile logo if that's what you're referring too.

Style Properties -> header and navigation -> remove the mobile logo path.

It looks like this in Core, note the images on the forum category bars

upload_2015-12-12_9-32-40.webp

Hmmm. Just had a few users complain to us that the snow on the navbar was obscuring the notification bubbles. Our current skin is basically XenForo default, presumably the same error Sunka had. As you can see on this screenshot, the inbox is partially obscured, while the alerts are almost entirely obscured. Were you able to identify what was causing this?

Attachments

• hiddenbubble.webp
    hiddenbubble.webp
    1.8 KB · Views: 14
Hmmm. Just had a few users complain to us that the snow on the navbar was obscuring the notification bubbles. Our current skin is basically XenForo default, presumably the same error Sunka had. As you can see on this screenshot, the inbox is partially obscured, while the alerts are almost entirely obscured. Were you able to identify what was causing this?

Add this to your extra.css:

Code:
.navTabs .navTab .itemCount {
z-index: 100;
}

I have the wrong conditional for the fix, accidentally put if the snow is falling add the fix instead of placing snow on the nav bar :)

is there a way to have the side snow heaps fit better?

dsKsfKs.png

Last edited:
Nice app, but the snow on the right side of the navbar covers the red alert numbers over the inbox and alert portions. I tried to fix this with the settings, but nothing works, other than turning off the snow on the navbar.

Is there perhaps any way to remove the snow only on the right side of the navbar?

Thanks Russ!

Sidenote: I'm gonna kill you for the repeated use of let it snow, reminds me of that annoying Disney movie :cautious:

Nice app, but the snow on the right side of the navbar covers the red alert numbers over the inbox and alert portions. I tried to fix this with the settings, but nothing works, other than turning off the snow on the navbar.

Is there perhaps any way to remove the snow only on the right side of the navbar?
Add the CSS fix 2 posts above from yours it's a bug on my part.

is there a way to have the side snow heaps fit better?

dsKsfKs.png
I'll grab the fix for you shortly same as the core style, just on my phone currently :D

Oh BTW, the script is very glitchy (let it snow).

Chrome developer tools stop working when it's enabled, etc.

Oh BTW, the script is very glitchy (let it snow).

Chrome developer tools stop working when it's enabled, etc.

I searched for a reliable version for quite some time and ended up picking this one. If you're running any sort of debugging tools while the script is going it could cause issues, it's basically inserting and removing a ton of divs(each snowflake)

This is really nice. I remember snooping around and looking all over for her images to put back up on my forums before you released this addon xD
Good work!

This is awesome (y) :notworthy:

I think the falling snow is a nice touch but it can become a little distracting while reading posts. An optional time limit per page view would be a nice addition.

Top Bottom