History

History 1.7

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

History - This add-on will allow members to quickly return to previously viewed threads.

Description:

This add-on will allow members to quickly return to previously viewed threads.

Features:
  • Shows a list of last viewed threads
  • Highlights threads with new posts
  • Places History link in navigation bar for easy access
  • Fully phrased
(Example of History link)

View attachment 63127

(Example of History page)

View attachment 63128

Requirements:
  • This add-on requires XenForo v1.2x and above
  • This add-on requires...

Read more about this resource...

Although this is something I don't need for my sites, nice idea. Looks like a great add on. :)

How can i make the option "History" show under navbar?
Just installed and nothing is showing :s

Yes this is a good idea. Have you any information on the performance on large forums? Is there any reason why performance might be hampered when there are millions of threads and hundreds of thousands of members?

Yes this is a good idea. Have you any information on the performance on large forums? Is there any reason why performance might be hampered when there are millions of threads and hundreds of thousands of members?

Thank you for reminding me. I meant to add code to auto prune the xf_history table automatically.

I'll add an option in the Admin Control Panel where the number of days to retain history can be set.

I think it would be better to hide History link in navigation bar for guests, because it's no use for them.

Andy I'll repeat here what I suggested in conversation with you previously to see whether there is interest from others.
Personally I think there is loads of potential if the history could be extended to work with other internal pages like conversations and member profiles and importantly addons like Showcases, Hotspots, Competitions and Galleries.

I think it would be better to hide History link in navigation bar for guests, because it's no use for them.
Storing the history for a guest (in cookies) would be a great way of engaging them and showing off a sample of what great features Xenforo has to offer.

Personally I think there is loads of potential if the history could be extended to work with other internal pages like conversations and member profiles and importantly addons like Showcases, Hotspots, Competitions and Galleries.
I like the idea.

If @AndyB isn't interessted, we would be interessted in coding this:)

The Template Modification you use here, seems to collide with the one of Unread Post Count:
Unreaded Post Count - Reg Exp:
Code:
/href="{xen:link 'fi(.*?)s}}/is
Unreaded Post Count - Replace-Code:
Code:
$0 <xen:include template="unread_posts_count" />

Last edited:
I've just installed, but the History link isn't appearing in the navigation (next to New Posts) at all.
Checked ACP options, and is definantly selected/ticked to do so.
What could I have missed?

I've just installed, but the History link isn't appearing in the navigation (next to New Posts) at all.
Checked ACP options, and is definantly selected/ticked to do so.
What could I have missed?
Resolved, with help and thanks to @AndyB
My style had made changes to default, and impacting the search and replace this this addon. Just did it manually instead.

Top Bottom