Hiring (Paid Position) - Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Business Coach

HIRING (PAID POSITION) - FORUM MODERATOR

You must be 25 years old or older and have professional/business occupational experience

Looking to hire 5 moderators.

Not to mislead, this is an OPPORTUNITY and NOT a JOB.

Pay is not much, but hey, normally mods are volunteers and don't get paid at all!

If you are/were a business professional and like talking about business issues, then this will be for you.

Think "linked IN" more than facebook. This is a forum for professionals to network with one another and also learn more about business.

Responsibilities:

• Recruit New Members
  • Keep Spam Off Boards
  • Keep conversations moving and on-topic
  • Stimulate new conversations
  • Welcome New Users
  • Help people learn how to use a Xen Forum
  • Enforce forum rules
  • Make a 30-60 second "elevator pitch" on video wearing professional/business attire
  • visit and interact a minimum 3 times per week, a minimum of 2 hours per visit
  • Be available for regular moderator meetings (2-3 times per month)
$20 per month via Paypal to start, with some great bonuses and incentives to be discussed later.

For an interview SKYPE ME: igrowyourbiz

Off Topic is about the only place for that as all the other forums are related to the software in some way.

It really does depend on what you're after though as to whether it's appropriate.

Off topic then as it's to do with your forum rather than the software.

Can't you recruit from the member base?

P.S. I've moved this thread to OT.

Off topic then as it's to do with your forum rather than the software.

Can't you recruit from the member base?

P.S. I've moved this thread to OT.
thanks - can we change the title to the first line of the first post edit?

THe member base has been dormant too long, and I am doing an extreme makeover with xen, i want fresh everything

I wish that I had extra time to help you Maurice. I love LinkedIn (My Profile) and I think that a 'forum' version of it would be both fun and potentially monetarily rewarding. Good luck with it!

thank you

yes they did it about an hour after you left :(

thanks for your help
I was passed out in bed after 5 minutes of writing that PC, a shame the uploading took so long.
A great tip learned for everybody, run the test.php by xenforo first :D
Did you manage to do the import from vB btw?

yah got all the old vb 3 stuff over with no problem, xen did it without a hiccup

being skinned now, and working on custom mods - got plenty to do

Don't forget to go to the Tools > rebuild caches > rebuild search index, otherwise old posts can't be searched for.

Every time I am done with an import I rebuild the caches manually and run the crontabs after that.
Then I go through the nodes list, clean it up, and through the usergroups, and clean it up.
Making sure the admins are admins and mods, the mods are mods, and premium users are premium.
Then I run all the rebuilds again, and all the crons, and check the permissions for the usergroups, and the global options again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom