• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.3 Hiding dropdown menu item

XenStyle

What class or ID would I use to hide a navigation item under the responsive menu? For example, if I wanted to display:none "Resources" :

Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 1.36.20 PM.png

Steve F

There isn't a selector for the <li> in responsive. Is this something that is hidden in default view as well or only for responsive?

katsulynx

There isn't a selector for the <li> in responsive. Is this something that is hidden in default view as well or only for responsive?
There is a selector for everything as long as it is an html-object, even though it may not be a perfect update-proof solution in every case.

XenStyle

You can use this to remove the link

Code:
#NavigationHiddenMenu li:nth-child(2) { display: none; }
Change the number in red to which link you want removed. 2 = 2nd link.
This was a good suggestion, thank you! Unfortunately this won't work, as the 2nd link would be different depending on the screen width.

Steve F

This was a good suggestion, thank you! Unfortunately this won't work, as the 2nd link would be different depending on the screen width.
Yea, true but there are ways :)

Code:
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth)
{       
        #NavigationHiddenMenu li:nth-child(4) { display: none; }
}

@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveMediumWidth)
{
        #NavigationHiddenMenu li:nth-child(3) { display: none; }
}

@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
        #NavigationHiddenMenu li:nth-child(2) { display: none; }
}
Or your best bet would be to just edit the template or even the template modification adding the link.

XenStyle

That works, but the menu order will be different depending on what page I am on. How could I edit the template for this if they are considered extra tabs? /headache