• This forum is for release discussion only. Discussions that do not relate specifically to the resource release should be discussed in another, more appropriate forum.
  • This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Hide Signatures In Personal Conversations

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
This will remove signatures from personal conversations. Pretty simple.

Edit this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> message

Change this code:

Code:
		<xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature}">
			<div class="baseHtml signature ugc"><aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside></div>
		</xen:if>
...to this (adding && !{$message.conversation_id}):

Code:
		<xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature} && !{$message.conversation_id}">
			<div class="baseHtml signature ugc"><aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside></div>
Now signatures will no longer show in personal conversations. But they will continue to show in other messages like forum posts.

Fuhrmann

You could use this:

Code:
!in_array({$forum.node_id}, array(5,6))
Where 5,6 are the node_id that you dont want to show the signatures. Complete code, copied from above, just adding the new conditional: (scroll to the right)

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature} && !{$message.conversation_id} && !in_array({$forum.node_id}, array(5,6))">

ChemicalKicks

Would it also be similar for user profile text, is that what you call it? The text you can have underneath your avatar?

Fuhrmann

Yes I believe so. For example where it says "active user" for me and "just being me" for Peggy. :)
Yes, you can use the same conditional:

Code:
<xen:if is="!in_array({$forum.node_id}, array(5,6))">
<xen:if hascontent="true"><em class="userTitle" itemprop="title"><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userTitle, $user}</xen:contentcheck></em></xen:if>

ChemicalKicks

Hmmm that would allow me to save.

The following templates contained errors and were not saved: message_user_info: 1) Line 15: Template syntax error.