1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Hide Members Online Now from Sidebar?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by denisx04, Feb 10, 2015.

1. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

I know there is an add-on but my theme is custom made so it doesn't do anything for me. Is there a code in Extra.CSS that would work? I would like to have it hidden for both guests and members combined.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Try this:

Code:
    .sidebar .userList {
        display: none;
    }
    If that doesn't work, try adding an !important before the closing semi-colon.

denisx04 likes this.
  3. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

That worked but it removed visitors who logged on within 24 hours addon

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Likely because it uses the same CSS. If you want to undo the change real quick, I can inspect the elements on Enix Origin.

5. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

Sure, done.

6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Both apparently use the
    Code:
    .sidebar .section.membersOnline
    CSS code. You would need to extend the add-on to make it use a non-similar tag.

7. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

I don't think I can mess with the addon since I am not the creator., I disabled it anyway since it wouldn't do anything for my custom theme.

8. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

You can modify the add-on to your hearts content as long as you don't distribute it typically. Most add-on authors (and in fact even Xenforo) do not mind extending the add-ons for personal use.
    Just realize that any update that comes out for that add-on would have to be extended again - unless you extended the add-on with another add-on.