1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with odd errors my website down

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by justwordme, Jul 23, 2012.

1. justwordme

justwordme Active Member

My host changed out servers and now I'm getting errors and no page display

when viewing page source I get this:
    Mysqli prepare error: Table 'myWebSitesName_xenforo.xf_option' doesn't exist

When I log in to mywebsitename/install I get this:
    Mysqli prepare error: Table 'myWebSitesName_xenforo.xf_session_admin' doesn't exist
    1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Session.php at line 625
    6. XenForo_Session->getSessionFromSource() in XenForo/Session.php at line 360
    7. XenForo_Session->_setup() in XenForo/Session.php at line 344
    8. XenForo_Session->start() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 45
    9. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 298
    10. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
    11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ myWebSitesName /public_html/install/index.php at line 18

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Looks like your host hasn't transfered the mysql databases correctly...

borbole likes this.
  3. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Indeed, the error messages point to 2 tables missing from the db.

4. justwordme

justwordme Active Member

Thanks.... I'm a complete noob on server DB files. Unfortunately the last three times my server went down I was the one that had to solve it for my hosting company. (despite it being their error) Is their any further info I can pass on to them to assist them in getting this fixed?

5. justwordme

justwordme Active Member

So i've been told they cannot figure it out..... Any ideas. Last time it was the InnoDB but they claim they checked that this time around.

I can get to the Xenforo install page but it's the page with the huge error posted above.

6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Ouch.
    You've been had.
    Ask to speak to someone who knows about web hosting.

7. borbole

I don''t understand their reply. I mean what is there to figure out. Your database is missing several tables. Obviously your host didn''t do a proper job moving your forum over. In that case it would be better to maybe start to look for a new host that knows its stuff.

ragtek likes this.
  8. justwordme

justwordme Active Member

I agree they suck. Is their a way to check if it's Xenforo files versus Mysql files???

I went to the cpanel and ran the database check file everything came back ok.... I then ran the repair and it said table doesn't support repair on each and every table

InnoDb is enabled when I checked the engines However federated isn't (does it need to be?)

9. borbole

Do you have a backup? If you do, pull those 2 missing tables from it and import them and see if that would help.

justwordme likes this.
  10. justwordme

justwordme Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions and continuing help unfortunately my backup is a bit older. Quick question would the files be affected much by age as in does it matter how old.... as in I just need the file? Or are those files time sensitive? Mixing older and newer would create an error(s)

11. justwordme

justwordme Active Member

Files were missing once pointed out to host they properly transfered over all the files and suprise it actually works now.

Next thing to fix is finding a new host.

12. Digital Doctor

Damn isn't that File Health check thing supposed to pick up missing files ?
    It seems the file transfer process for Xenforo files fails much more often than it should.

13. Digital Doctor

The amount of tech support being done at Xenforo.com and the problem is "bad file transfer" is incredible.

14. borbole

The File Health Check has nothing to do with this. There were tables missing in the db and not files. 2 entirely different things.