1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Header to include, please help

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by gordy, Apr 7, 2011.

1. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

All I want to do is include a header. I just want XF to match my site. I want to think I have chosen wisely.

Listeners, and Controllers, and Call Backs, Oh My!

I've tried this thread but it fails to mention the kind of controller to use
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/can-you-do-a-php-include-in-a-template.7628/#post-107056

Doesn't mention the controller..
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/creating-a-page.5714/page-3

Doesn't mention which Method to use..
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-access-container_public_params-in-templates.7560/

Seriously, why can't there be a file system php file that I can simply add a <?php include('blah.php') ?> on to.

Trying the above links, and a weeks worth of evenings I'm recieving these errors:

Code:
    An exception occurred: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_pF_header::includeFile() must be an instance of XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract, array given in /home/webhosts/pf/htdocs/community/library/XenForo/pF/header.php on line 4

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/pF/header.php at line 4
    XenForo_pF_header::includeFile()
    call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
    XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 303
    XenForo_Dependencies_Public->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 563
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/webhosts/pf/htdocs/community/index.php at line 13
    And also these:
    Code:
    Template Errors: forum_list
    Argument 1 passed to XenForo_pF_header::includeFile() must be an instance of XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract, string given in /home/webhosts/pf/htdocs/community/library/XenForo/pF/header.php, line 4:
    3: $__extraData['h1'] .= htmlspecialchars($xenOptions['boardTitle']);
    4: $__output .= '
    5:
    Argument 2 passed to XenForo_pF_header::includeFile() must be an instance of XenForo_ControllerResponse_Abstract, string given in /home/webhosts/pf.com/htdocs/community/library/XenForo/pF/header.php, line 4:
    3: $__extraData['h1'] .= htmlspecialchars($xenOptions['boardTitle']);
    4: $__output .= '
    5:
    --snip--
    18: {
    19: $__compilerVar1 .= $title . ' | ' . htmlspecialchars($xenOptions['boardTitle']);
    Attempt to assign property of non-object in /home/webhosts/pf/htdocs/community/library/XenForo/pF/header.php, line 15:
    14: $__compilerVar1 .= '
    15:

Here is what I have:

1 file-system file $HOME/library/XenForo/pF/header.php

Code:
    <?php
    class XenForo_pF_header
    {
        public static function includeFile(XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract  $controller, XenForo_ControllerResponse_Abstract &$response)
        {
            ob_start();
            require('/home/webhosts/pf/htdocs/src/header-new2.php');
            $myContent = ob_get_contents();
            ob_end_clean();

$params = array(
                'myContent'  => $myContent
            );

$response->params = array_merge(
                $response->params,
                $params
            );

}
    }
    Code Event Listener

XenForo_pF_header :: includeFile

Add-on

Add-on ID: pfHeader

Template: header

Code:
    <xen:hook name="header">
    {xen:raw $myContent}
    <div id="header">
        <xen:include template="logo_block" />
        <xen:include template="navigation" />
        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><xen:include template="search_bar" /></xen:if>
    </div>
    </xen:hook>
    Any help would be most appreciated :)

markku likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. markku

markku Well-Known Member

For vBulletin this is a good example of custom header for a site: http://www.davedays.com/forums/

At some point in the future I would like to achieve the same kind of thing with xF.

+1

Fuhrmann and gordy like this.