hate paypal want to purchase xenforo need a way to pay/ purchase tonight

Teddy Scott

I have a paypal account.
I have a debit card. Paypal will for whatever reason not accept debit cards.
From the paypal site: You can’t link a gift card, prepaid card, or one-time-use card to your PayPal account.
I have a $146 on my netspend card (which is a valid Visa Card) and I have no way of paying for xenforo.
What else can I do? Is there anyway staff can take my valid Credit card info if I email or PM them?
Help please.

I have a paypal account.
I have a debit card. Paypal will for whatever reason not accept debit cards.
From the paypal site: You can’t link a gift card, prepaid card, or one-time-use card to your PayPal account.
I have a $146 on my netspend card (which is a valid Visa Card) and I have no way of paying for xenforo.
What else can I do? Is there anyway staff can take my valid Credit card info if I email or PM them?
Help please.
If your debit card is a visa/mc, how is paypal gonna know it's a debit card? Just run it like a credit card and go from there.

You don't need a paypal account to pay by paypal. Once you click on buy option and go to paypal, you have two options. 1. Pay using your paypal account OR 2. pay using your card w/o using your paypal account

You can probably use 2nd option and enter netspend card details, it should go through. I have made payment using what my bank call it netsafe cards and never faced any issue.

You can't believe you me; i've done this many of times. I normally don't use a debit card though.
I deleted my main bank card even and added the debit card and it says contact cardproblems@paypal.com
I already know what they are going to say.

You don't need a paypal account to pay by paypal. Once you click on buy option and go to paypal, you have two options. 1. Pay using your paypal account OR 2. pay using your card w/o using your paypal account

You can probably use 2nd option and enter netspend card details, it should go through. I have made payment using what my bank call it netsafe cards and never faced any issue.

I did option 2. Once I enter the correct card details I get "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment."

Option 2 is what I normally do. See why I hate paypal? Its always an issue especially when the seller only takes one method of payment processor which is natch always paypal.
The bad thing is, I just put the cash on to netspend card tonight so I could do this and now im stuck. I don't know what else to do unless they will manually (xenforo) process my payment.

Send a ticket to the contact email and let them know what is going on. Remember tho, they are in England and it may be several hours before you get an answer.

I did. I know. Hard to be patient as I wanted to get my site up tonight. LOL
im still thinking of other ways...im kind of limited.
if I can figgure out how to use my debitcard to send money to my paypal account. Anyone know how to do that?
Then id have funds available. If set the card up as a bank account might work but then would take several days for the monies to clear. Dont wanna do that either.

Brand New Paypal Signup:
Before you can add this credit card to another account, you must contact the PayPal Credit Card Team at cardproblems@paypal.com. A customer service representative will respond to your request shortly. If you would rather add a different credit card to your PayPal account, you may do so at any time. Thank you for your cooperation.
I don't have time for this hoopla....

Netspend is a Prepaid Visa Card, which is something that PayPal doesn't accept on a one-time transaction. However, if you do have a debit card, that means you have a bank account, which in toll means you can simply just sign up for a PayPal account (it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few days and you'll need to beable to see how much was put in and taken out of the account; which are both the same amounts) and they can pull the money out of your bank account.
You may also try to see if your bank offers Debit cards tied to Credit Card companies. My debit card is tied to a Master Card, so I can use it just like one.
If your netspend allows you to view transactions, you should be able to setup that prepaid card just like a normal one as an official account.
I haven't tried the last option due to me not owning a prepaid card but according to a few friends, they've been able to do it.

Netspend is a Prepaid Visa Card, which is something that PayPal doesn't accept on a one-time transaction. However, if you do have a debit card, that means you have a bank account, which in toll means you can simply just sign up for a PayPal account (it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few days and you'll need to beable to see how much was put in and taken out of the account; which are both the same amounts) and they can pull the money out of your bank account.
You may also try to see if your bank offers Debit cards tied to Credit Card companies. My debit card is tied to a Master Card, so I can use it just like one.
If your netspend allows you to view transactions, you should be able to setup that prepaid card just like a normal one as an official account.
I haven't tried the last option due to me not owning a prepaid card but according to a few friends, they've been able to do it.

Theres a couple problems with that. Netspend will only let you receive money from paypal.
If you use the netspend card as a bank account using the routing and account in info, it will work, but it will take days to do it this way. Its the weekend and I don't want to wait till the middle of the week to be able to do this. Once it is verified, it will take 5-7 business days further to process the payment which could very well put me into the middle of next weekend or next week. Did you say one transaction? Um not quite sure I follow as I have made 2 purchases with the paypal account with my other bank card which is an unemployment debit card. Which Id use but there are no funds on it till next thursday. So "one time transaction or more" cannot be it either.

I pay through paypal with my debit card (has a visa logo) all the time, so not sure why you are having a problem with it.
The problem is not so much of it being a debit card as it is that it will not tie to the paypal account.
Wait a minute.. Light bulb.. I need to make sure that card is not tied to my gf's paypal account.
Its possible I might have done that when I signed up for paypal but that is the error usually you will get that the card is tied to another account. BRB.

Top Bottom