1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harassment by LIKES

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kyrgyz, Oct 5, 2010.

1. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Ok, guys. My brain is fried right now due to undue stress on my every thinking cell by being exposed to XenForo. And still waiting for the sale to start. So, forgive my thinking. Don't you think Likes can be used as a way to harass somebody?
    DoctorWatsOn, EQnoble, Shamil and 6 others like this.
  2. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I was going to Like that as a joke, and then I realized people might think I was Liking the idea that Likes can be harassing.

(My brain is fried at this point too.)
    Caelum, EQnoble, Dragonfly and 3 others like this.
  3. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

The only way they could be considered harassment, is if someone makes multiple accounts and spam's your alerts with likes. But then you can go into Alert Preferences and disable alert on likes.
  4. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I'm going to like that :) and no, not harassing you :p
  5. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Not at all .... muhahahahahahahaha ..... maybe I should cut down on the beers going forward from here ....
  6. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Ladies, keep harassing me by likes, dislikes, quotes and starting conversations :D ... Nothing is wrong with a little attention..:oops:

Guys, if you can't cut down on beer, keep watching the ball on your tv. :D :cool:
  7. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Haha, I can imagine someone trying to get a restraining order against people who like them too much. :p
    Mikey and projectego like this.
  8. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I guess the real question is: should there be a daily limit on likes a user can give per member?
    cmeinck likes this.
  9. Wired

Wired Active Member

Restraining orders against stalkers? Yup, that's been done :)
  10. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Stalkers yes, but I was specifically talking about the case of "liking" their content via a XenForo medium on their posts, not the stalker form that we're familiar with.
    Mikey likes this.
  11. compwhizii

compwhizii Active Member

Nice try, you're not getting any likes from me ;)
  12. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

I am not into a status thing. I don't really care. That's unless I can convert likes and trophies into a XenForo license discount. :)
    EQnoble likes this.
  13. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

LMAO that is cheek right there.
  14. Cip

Cip New Member

If you really like something then what's to say you're not allowed to make it official by liking it? (That made more sense in my head...)
  15. Wired

Wired Active Member

It's called a JOKE :)
  16. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

There is the thing on Facebook where you "like bomb" someone by liking each and every one of their posts.
  17. Trip

Trip Active Member

That's a new one to me. I don't think I've ever been behind someone enough to say "I like what you say now, and I'm going to like what you say from now on". :confused:
  18. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I think they can be overused sometimes but I don't see it as harassing someone. To each it's own though I guess, I just can't see myself reporting someone for liking me too much haha ;p
    kyrgyz and EQnoble like this.
  19. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

That was a funny observation. :D
  20. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

you have been liked...lol