1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HackSlashRepeat.com - Action RPG/HnS Gaming Community

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by maxwolfie, May 18, 2012.

1. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Active Member

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce my site and allow you guys to critique it. I'm open to any suggestions!

www.HackSlashRepeat.com

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Looks good. XenPorta looks great.
    I think this "gaming scene" is a crowded space, it might be hard to attract a crowd.
    Working hard with creating good content is likely the most important thing for you.

http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/events/monthly
    - for the current day ... the red on red doesn't work (Im on Chrome).

3. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Active Member

Great, thanks DD. I'll make a note of it!

In regards to the gaming scene, I know it's difficult. I've tried to focus on a niche (Hack and Slash PC games) rather than a broader spectrum of genres, games, platforms etc that many other sites attempt to and fail.

4. Digital Doctor

What are the Hack and Slash games ?
    Wii Sports Resort Swordplay ?

5. Caliburn

Caliburn Well-Known Member

@Greg,

I am reviewing your forums right now. I find the white on red in the categories a bit hard on the eyes personally. You could also lighten the grey font color used for discussions/messages slightly to make it stand out more. Perhaps even darken the shade of red you're using a bit which would cause the white to stand out and hurt the eyes less in my opinion.

Some food for thought. Otherwise it looks really good. =)

jt2011 likes this.
  6. jt2011

jt2011 Active Member

what caliburn said
    beyond that it looks great!
    (y)

7. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Active Member

Thanks guys, if you have any other suggestions please let me know :)

8. Caliburn

Greg,

Your website is down. It was up last night. :unsure:

9. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Active Member

Back up, I was restoring our old database which had about 200+ members and 2300+ posts :)

10. Caliburn

Looks better now that you've removed the category descriptions. I would adjust the coloring of the read / recently read forum markers. Telling the two reds apart is a bit difficult if not looking closely.

11. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Active Member

Good suggestion, I've made the "read" image black and white now (grey). The "unread" image is still the same red.

12. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

There's too much forum sections. It's a overkill for a such small forum and something that doesn't attract visitors.
    TooManyForums.PNG
    This forum setup probably fits for one or more million posts/users, but not for a small forum.

13. jt2011

jt2011 Active Member

titan quest was an awesome game
    wish they made more addons for it

14. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Active Member

Any other suggestions are welcome!

15. Digital Doctor

Too many forums.

Andrej likes this.
  16. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Active Member

No worries, is it just the Titan Quest classes (because there are so many)? I've hidden those, have another look?

17. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

You might want to consider only adding those subforums once you actually have a bigger userbase, for now I think those general forums without the separation of classes and whatnot might be a better idea, I doubt only with 200 members they'll cover all classes separately, or create enough discussion that grants having them separated.

18. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Active Member

Thanks guys, I've taken your advice on board and removed the subforum listing. It does look cleaner!

I've also added a funky background. I hope you all like it.

19. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Active Member

Bump - it's been a few months and a lot has changed. At the moment I am really wanting to design a new logo (for everything - site, Facebook etc) and banner (mainly for the website and Google Adwords advertising etc).

www.HackSlashRepeat.com

20. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Active Member

Bump, been over a year now since I first created the site, I have changed so many things since my last post even.

Any feedback welcome :)