[H] Tabbed Threads [Deleted]

I noticed today that the tab links don't seem to be working. I'm not sure if this is because of XF 2.0.4 or because I changed to "Use Full Friendly URLs"

Instead of redirecting, it seems to be appending the destination, like below:

Original: /threads/tab-test-6.22395/
Tab Link from Original to Feedback: /threads/tab-test-6.22395/threads/22396
Tab Link from Feedback to Original: /threads/tab-test-6-feedback.22396/threads/22395

Is there something I need to change in settings, or another way to address this?

I noticed today that the tab links don't seem to be working. I'm not sure if this is because of XF 2.0.4 or because I changed to "Use Full Friendly URLs"

Instead of redirecting, it seems to be appending the destination, like below:

Original: /threads/tab-test-6.22395/
Tab Link from Original to Feedback: /threads/tab-test-6.22395/threads/22396
Tab Link from Feedback to Original: /threads/tab-test-6-feedback.22396/threads/22395

Is there something I need to change in settings, or another way to address this?
Sorry for just getting around to this, didn't get the notification. Nonetheless I'll look into it.

Anyone know if a XF1 version of an addon similar to this exists? Would be greatly appreciated.

Some times an author writes articles in a series like five related parts... this add-on will allow these parts to stay connected...

Finally, this makes sense. I think this could be a better option than the merge thread feature.

It would be awesome to turn this into a threaded discussion option. My visitors still miss the threaded discussion format.

Finally, this makes sense. I think this could be a better option than the merge thread feature.

It would be awesome to turn this into a threaded discussion option. My visitors still miss the threaded discussion format.

I'm not sure the core functionality would work quite like that, if by 'threaded discussion' you mean something similar to Reddit's current style.

When you grant users the "Add Tab" permission, they can add a tab to a thread they've created which links to another, existing thread. This is what Neutral Singh is referring to when he mentions linking multiple related articles together. It's certainly better than Merge Thread when you're dealing with multiple related threads rather than duplicated discussions.

The other option, which Haydric mentions in the post before the one you quoted, is to automatically create a secondary thread and a tab to it. This seems closer to what you mean, and the way I primarily use it on my forum. Mine is a writing forum, so when someone posts a story chapter, it automatically creates a secondary thread for feedback/discussion. The author can then post a second chapter or a sequel piece, while the discussion is connected by the tabs without interrupting their story.

Now that I've been using it for a while, I'd like to say that this add-on has been fantastic for my forum.

I'm not sure the core functionality would work quite like that, if by 'threaded discussion' you mean something similar to Reddit's current style.

When you grant users the "Add Tab" permission, they can add a tab to a thread they've created which links to another, existing thread. This is what Neutral Singh is referring to when he mentions linking multiple related articles together. It's certainly better than Merge Thread when you're dealing with multiple related threads rather than duplicated discussions.

The other option, which Haydric mentions in the post before the one you quoted, is to automatically create a secondary thread and a tab to it. This seems closer to what you mean, and the way I primarily use it on my forum. Mine is a writing forum, so when someone posts a story chapter, it automatically creates a secondary thread for feedback/discussion. The author can then post a second chapter or a sequel piece, while the discussion is connected by the tabs without interrupting their story.

Now that I've been using it for a while, I'd like to say that this add-on has been fantastic for my forum.

Thats awesome! There are few different ways to use the addon I’ve been thinking about marking a tutorial and walking through all the different ways and condensing something’s. So look forward to an update in the future.

Haydric updated [H] Tabbed Threads with a new update entry:

Functionality Fix

It was found that the add-on extension into the Forum Controller was wrote as 'public function finalizeThreadCreate' and should have been 'protected function finalizeThreadCreate'. This has been fixed. A full rewrite is in the process of being done, as new methods have been found more founds and shortens the number of queries needed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The download domain links to a Chinese advertisement page, so I guess I need an alternative to this add-on. The release 1.0.3, which I have running throws errors in XF 2.1.5 :(

This was a really useful function.

Last edited:
Top Bottom