1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Group Promotions

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ineedhelp, Jan 23, 2012.

1. ineedhelp

ineedhelp Well-Known Member

I've set a group promotion for the 1st time... once the user reaches X number of posts, I'm hoping they will automatically be interred into the promotional group (not tested yet) But to access the promotional area also requires a password..... Is it possible to send an automatic email and have the user entered into a group inbox, all automatically ?

These are the settings I've set it too:

Step 1:

Screen Shot 2012-01-23 at 13.30.04.png
    Step 2:

Screen Shot 2012-01-23 at 13.30.37.png
    Step 3:

Users > Node Permissions > User Groups > Test > View node Allow.
    --------------

That's how I've done it.... Is it right? Also... How do I shift users who have reached 300 posts prior to creating this group, will I have to enter them into the promotional group manually?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You would need an add-on or that.
    It will happen automatically.

3. ineedhelp

Ok great, I've noticed they've auto been added to the promotion... Is there an add-on to achieve this currently available ?

Also, how can I see how many and which members are part of the promotion?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No.

All is explained here: http://xenforo.com/help/user-group-promotions/

5. ineedhelp

Why has it stopped adding members to the group automatically? i have NOT changed or touched any of the settings as shown in the above images.

What's the problem??

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It only processes users who have been active in the last 3 days. And the task runs once an hour.