Google Trends for phpbb3, vbulletin, ipb, woltlab, wordpress, xenforo

Digital Doctor

google.trends.Sept.2011.pre.xenforo.1.1.webp

vBulletin ... so 2005 ?
phpBB3 ... been there done that in 2008 ?
Wordpress ... taking over ?
IPB: holding steadyish in a declining sector ?
xenForo ... the future ? Moving on up ! (to the deluxe apartment in the sky !)

I dont know why but i think that when phpBB 4 is going to be released (in 2020 i think), its gonna drive crazy all the big forum solution(it will be the end of vb and ipb)...
just my opinion, unless they will keep using "prosilver" as default theme... again, its just my opinion.

Of course where are my manners...I do thank you for posting the image but my point is being so different and the fact that with so many cpanel users having fantastico...you can one click install it...you don't even have to create the db yourself.

Besides the fact that WP is nothing like a forum and that in it's own right is a great product, the easy access and one click installing from cpanel gives it a lot of surface area to be seen at besides it's reputation.

Saying wordpress is taking over and comparing it to forum software titles would be like saying the dallas cowboys are dominating the NBA. Format wise it is like comparing apples and oranges.

I dont know why but i think that when phpBB 4 is going to be released (in 2020 i think), its gonna drive crazy all the big forum solution(it will be the end of vb and ipb)...
just my opinion, unless they will keep using "prosilver" as default theme... again, its just my opinion.
Lies and heresy! There is no phpbb 4 ever.

*Calls the assassins* He is on to us . . .

The biggest mistake phpBB3 made was to move the avatar block to the right....just to be different.

I had to hack the hell out of the templates to switch it all back to the left, and even then I never got it looking 100% on all views.

Ahhh, those were the days... :D

With WordPress it would be more relavent to see comparisons with Joomla or Moveable Type other Blog/CMS solutions. That's the area it's seeing it's biggest growth. It's a Blog/CMS/News Magazine app not a forum app.

Of course where are my manners...I do thank you for posting the image but my point is being so different and the fact that with so many cpanel users having fantastico...you can one click install it...you don't even have to create the db yourself.

Besides the fact that WP is nothing like a forum and that in it's own right is a great product, the easy access and one click installing from cpanel gives it a lot of surface area to be seen at besides it's reputation.

Saying wordpress is taking over and comparing it to forum software titles would be like saying the dallas cowboys are dominating the NBA. Format wise it is like comparing apples and oranges.

With WordPress it would be more relavent to see comparisons with Joomla or Moveable Type other Blog/CMS solutions. That's the area it's seeing it's biggest growth. It's a Blog/CMS/News Magazine app not a forum app.
Yeah that's pretty much what I was getting at.

The biggest mistake phpBB3 made was to move the avatar block to the right....just to be different.

I had to hack the hell out of the templates to switch it all back to the left, and even then I never got it looking 100% on all views.

Ahhh, those were the days... :D
You should have asked me, i'm pretty good in making a phpbb forum look awesome :)
(heres a demo of a theme that im working on, sorry but is hebrew)

how about bbpress rather than wordpress ;)
viz

aevDG.gif

Yep, I can believe this... XF is the only forum on the market that mimics the current social trend of Facebook for social networking, completely intuitive and setting the pace for the others with the field, not following along and playing catchup within the forum industry.

IMO, XF is the only foundation thus far that could mimic a realistic current social network platform with forum, as the product develops. It really does have the right foundation to build into something much bigger than VB or IPB ever were.

Top Bottom