1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Trends for phpbb3, vbulletin, ipb, woltlab, wordpress, xenforo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Digital Doctor, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

google.trends.Sept.2011.pre.xenforo.1.1.jpg
    vBulletin ... so 2005 ?
    phpBB3 ... been there done that in 2008 ?
    Wordpress ... taking over ?
    IPB: holding steadyish in a declining sector ?
    xenForo ... the future ? Moving on up ! (to the deluxe apartment in the sky !)

Anthony Parsons and robdog like this.
  2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

In my opinion wordpress shouldn't even be in that list....it is a completely different ballpark.

3. shock

shock Member

I dont know why but i think that when phpBB 4 is going to be released (in 2020 i think), its gonna drive crazy all the big forum solution(it will be the end of vb and ipb)...
    just my opinion, unless they will keep using "prosilver" as default theme... again, its just my opinion.

4. robdog

robdog Well-Known Member

Kind of what I expected to see. Thanks for posting.

EQnoble likes this.
  5. EQnoble

Of course where are my manners...I do thank you for posting the image but my point is being so different and the fact that with so many cpanel users having fantastico...you can one click install it...you don't even have to create the db yourself.

Besides the fact that WP is nothing like a forum and that in it's own right is a great product, the easy access and one click installing from cpanel gives it a lot of surface area to be seen at besides it's reputation.

Saying wordpress is taking over and comparing it to forum software titles would be like saying the dallas cowboys are dominating the NBA. Format wise it is like comparing apples and oranges.

6. Panupat

Panupat Well-Known Member

Wordpress is just popular like that.

7. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

Lies and heresy! There is no phpbb 4 ever.

*Calls the assassins* He is on to us . . .

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The biggest mistake phpBB3 made was to move the avatar block to the right....just to be different.

I had to hack the hell out of the templates to switch it all back to the left, and even then I never got it looking 100% on all views.

Ahhh, those were the days... :D

DaveL likes this.
  9. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

With WordPress it would be more relavent to see comparisons with Joomla or Moveable Type other Blog/CMS solutions. That's the area it's seeing it's biggest growth. It's a Blog/CMS/News Magazine app not a forum app.

EQnoble likes this.
  10. EQnoble

Yeah that's pretty much what I was getting at.

11. shock

shock Member

You should have asked me, i'm pretty good in making a phpbb forum look awesome :)
    (heres a demo of a theme that im working on, sorry but is hebrew)

12. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

how about bbpress rather than wordpress ;)
    [​IMG]

13. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2011-09-27 at 2.24.12 PM.png

:) Russia loves XF :)

Fuhrmann likes this.
  14. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

Yeah and I wonder what % of those are nulled.

Darkimmortal, Fuhrmann and Kim like this.
  15. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same thing :(

16. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

yes, there might be illegal use of the software. but, in the long run a good software would always get the support form around the world.

18. Ramses

Ramses Member

trends.gif
    It seems it's getting harder and harder to compete against them ...

19. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Yep, I can believe this... XF is the only forum on the market that mimics the current social trend of Facebook for social networking, completely intuitive and setting the pace for the others with the field, not following along and playing catchup within the forum industry.

IMO, XF is the only foundation thus far that could mimic a realistic current social network platform with forum, as the product develops. It really does have the right foundation to build into something much bigger than VB or IPB ever were.

alexD likes this.
  20. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Well I'm putting all my eggs in the XF basket so I bloody hope so ... :ROFLMAO:

Anthony Parsons likes this.