GoodForNothing Image Optimizer [Paid] [Deleted]

Mr. Goodie2Shoes updated GoodForNothing Kraken with a new update entry:

Fixed minor bugs, added missing phrases, added GUI for process log...

This version includes a process log page in Admin CP (Can be accessed from AdminCP -> Applications -> GoodForNothing Kraken -> Process Logs) from where admins can filter through process logs and reprocess images if necessary (like re-enqueue images for processes where an error occurred). Do note that admins can also re-enqueue already processed images.
View attachment 97812 View attachment 97813
For errors that have occurred the exception is also logged to debug purposes:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

In the next version, we can hopefully push the channel to stable as no major bugs have been found yet. :)
And we are also going to add local/on-site compression support for JPEG format :D

Last edited:
65 seems quite low. Would go for 80. or even better: let the admin choose in admincp.

65 seems quite low. Would go for 80. or even better: let the admin choose in admincp.
okay that can be done... but I think kraken has some kind of advance algorithm to compress them, one file I used with 65% quality produced the same image as kraken's but for another the difference was huge, kraken's one was 1.2MB and jpeg's 4MB lol

Reactions: gfc
Well there is a reason that kraken can charge a fee for their service. They are good. I just dont want to be dependent on a third party service when i can do it in-house (or let's say on-server)

I'm glad to see it runs in Windows in your example, as that's what I'm running as my web server.
All the utilities I am planning to use are cross platform :D
If there's no built packages you will be able to build one yourself... :)

P.S. No executables will be provided with the package as the one I am using might not work on another system. Same goes for *nix...

Mr. Goodie2Shoes updated GoodForNothing Kraken with a new update entry:

Pushing channel to stable, added JpegOptim support, misc improvements

This version includes support for the third-party CLI utility to compress JPEG files JpegOptim (https://github.com/sikhlana/jpegoptim).

Kraken will be used as 'a backup' from now on. For example, as PNG and GIF is not supported yet, the compressor will automatically select Kraken to process those images, if JpegOptim is disabled Kraken will also be used.

The Option IDs have changed so re-configure the add-on upon upgrade....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Really liking this so far :). Just a few suggestions:
  • Add size before/after/%saved columns to process logs
  • Add link to image in process logs
Running this on my Windows test server and it's working great.

Top Bottom