GoodForNothing Image Optimizer [Paid] [Deleted]

Mr. Goodie2Shoes said:
Adding the ability to use "on-site" local applications to do all the optimizations. That means no more kraken.io for those who want to use third-party services!

Out of interest, which optimisers are you thinking of using? Something like Jpegoptim?

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes please make it so that it supports addons such as :
XenGallery by Sonnb
Showcase by Bob
Featured Threads & Portal by Brogan

Also the max image resize feature would be fantastic! Also perhaps an option so that if images have been kraken-ed, that they are ignored for reprocessing the next time?

One thing I've seen is that an unprocessed image gets compressed. But when the same processed image is reprocessed the difference in size is negligible (about a couple of bytes...) :)

One thing I've seen is that an unprocessed image gets compressed. But when the same processed image is reprocessed the difference in size is negligible (about a couple of bytes...) :)
Right, but if you choose lossy conpression, every redoing has a bad influence on the quality.

Yep, very important I'd say, as that is where a majority of images are likely to be stored (and more customers for this addon ;)).
I think I should rephrase it: Kraking the images means the original will be replaced with the compressed one, that means when a visitor 'downloads' an image (by clicking the download button) they will be downloading the compressed one...

Last edited:
I think I should rephrase it: Kraking the images means the original will be replaced with the compressed one, that means when a visitors 'downloads' an image (by clicking the download button) they will be downloading the compressed one...

I'd like that personally, as it would save loads of disk space for minimal difference :)

I think I should rephrase it: Kraking the images means the original will be replaced with the compressed one, that means when a visitor 'downloads' an image (by clicking the download button) they will be downloading the compressed one...
I like that nevertheless. For photography forums that might be a bad idea.
Possible Solution: Solve it with group permissions. That could also be a selling point for premium memberships (not having the image resized and compressed)

Mr. Goodie2Shoes updated GoodForNothing Kraken with a new update entry:

Misc Improvements. Added Support for XenGallery and XenResource

Improvements Include:
  • Resize attachments according to the dimensions set in XenForo AdminCP -> Options -> Attachments
    View attachment 96747
  • Code Improvements
  • Now other add-on developers can easily plug into GFNKraken to include their application
  • And other minor improvements. :)
This version also includes support for both of XenForo's official add-ons:
  • XenResource
  • XenGallery
Please note that for the images uploaded to XenGallery, the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom