GoodForNothing Image Optimizer [Paid] [Deleted]

Are you planning some support to resize images to a specific dimension or this addon already support that?
I'm thinking about proxied images since theses we can't control.

The images will be resized to the attachment dimensions set in AdminCP.

If I change attachment image settings for a higher dimensions will they be upscaled or ignored?

Can I force image resize if I decide to change the attachment dimensions?

Does your add-on uses by default GD/ImageMagick or we need to install the binaries you indicated in the description?

Thanks

If I change attachment image settings for a higher dimensions will they be upscaled or ignored?
Will be ignored

Can I force image resize if I decide to change the attachment dimensions?
Yes you can do that: Clear Queue List -> Run Image Rebuild

Does your add-on uses by default GD/ImageMagick or we need to install the binaries you indicated in the description?
GD/iMagick does not do much of optimizations as the other applications so they aren't supported.

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes

This is my setup;

XenForo 1.5.9
PHP 5.6
BD Attachment Store 1.2.2
GFNio 1.0.1 Update 3
GFNcore RC 10
Kraken.io Image Handler (lossy enabled)

-------------------------------------

This is my list of bugs.

Setting Scenario 1
Image Handler = Deferred

Any scenario where Kraken is deferred results in the following error;
Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to GFNIo_StorageHandler_Attachment::_getAttachmentDataFilePath() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /var/www/vhosts/forums.ski.com.au/httpdocs/xf/library/GFNIo/StorageHandler/Attachment.php on line 18 and defined - library/GFNIo/StorageHandler/Attachment.php:82
Images are moved to S3 by BD attachment store with no optimisation processing.

It appears that image path is a notable issue when GFNIo is combined with BD Attachment Store.

Setting Scenario 2
Image Handler = NOT deferred
BD Attachment Store = NOT deferred

Full size images are optimised and moved to S3 upon upload (long delay on upload)
NO thumbnails are produced.

Setting Scenario 3
Image Handler = NOT deferred
BD Attachment Store = Deferred

Full size images are optimised upon upload (long delay on upload)
Images are moved to S3 a few minutes later
Thumbnails are produced
Note: EXIF orientation data is ignored and incorrect orientation results where orientation is any value other than 1.
Note: Orientation was handled correctly by default GD Library process for both thumbnail and image.

Re: Orientation.
I added auto_orient=true at line 98 in GFNIo/ImageHandler/KrakenIO.php

Code:
'lossy' => $this->_getConfiguration()->lossy ? true : false,
'auto_orient' => true,
'wait' => true

This corrected orientation handling of the full size image but not the thumbnail. I could not find where the thumbnail was handled (I'm just a php hack). I also note that the default abstract.php (library/xenforo/image/abstract.php) has a well constructed set of functions to handle orientation.

Ideally, I would like orientation to just work for both full and thumbnail images and to be able to set the Image Handler (Kraken) to deferred -- as deferred greatly improves the upload experience, especially from mobile phones.

Last edited:
Mr. Goodie2Shoes updated GoodForNothing Image Optimizer with a new update entry:

New Functionalities, Bug Fixes and Improvements.

New Functionalities:
  • Ability to clear handler error log and process log.
  • If the image gets corrupted after being processed, the original image will be restored.
Bug Fixes:
  • Some temporary files were saved in the internal data folder instead of the temporary folder.
  • Not all logs were being shown in the queue list page.
  • Conflict with [bd] Attachment Store where no thumbnails are generated.
  • Conflict with [bd] Attachment Store where an error was thrown when...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So far with my setup Kraken.io and Optimus.io are no longer causing an issue with the Attachment Store add-on with todays 1.0.2 update.

That's all I've had time to check, but so far so good and I'm not getting any more errors.

Last edited:
Got this error when trying to uninstall Good For Nothing Kraken and install the latest Image Optimizer Package - Any suggestions:

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 10.02.57 PM.webp

Top Bottom