1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go to last post for guests?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by KidCactus, Nov 14, 2011.

1. KidCactus

KidCactus Member

When logged into the forum, it's easy to get to the last post in a thread by just clicking the time stamp in the discussion list, but when not logged in, the time stamp is not a link. I find this behavior very odd, is there some way to change this?

I assume it's this code in the report_list_item template that makes it happen (or rather not happen):

HTML:
    <div class="listBlock lastPost">
            <dl class="lastPostInfo">
                <dt><xen:username user="$report.lastModifiedInfo" /></dt>
                <dd class="muted"><a href="{xen:link reports, $report}" class="dateTime"><xen:datetime time="$report.lastModifiedInfo.date" /></a></dd>
            </dl>
        </div>

2. KidCactus

KidCactus Member

Found how to change this so guests can do this too. I edited the thread_list_item template, and replaced this:

HTML:
    <dd class="muted"><a{xen:if '{$visitor.user_id}', ' href="{xen:link posts, $thread.lastPostInfo}" title="{xen:phrase go_to_last_message}"'} class="dateTime"><xen:datetime time="$thread.lastPostInfo.post_date" /></a></dd>
    with this:

HTML:
    <dd class="muted"><a href="{xen:link posts, $thread.lastPostInfo}" title="{xen:phrase go_to_last_message}"'} class="dateTime"><xen:datetime time="$thread.lastPostInfo.post_date" /></a></dd>

octabrain likes this.