Giphy Integration [Deleted]

this remains my fav add-on in here

my members have one request tho @Dannymh but i am not sure its doable, can there be a way to favorite a gif you want to always have quick access to?

this remains my fav add-on in here

my members have one request tho @Dannymh but i am not sure its doable, can there be a way to favorite a gif you want to always have quick access to?
Wow that actually sounds like an awesome idea. No idea how I would implement it but nothing is impossible!

I am very time poor right now but I can certainly add it to the drawling board

Wow that actually sounds like an awesome idea. No idea how I would implement it but nothing is impossible!

I am very time poor right now but I can certainly add it to the drawling board
yeah im not sure if giphy api will allow it or you will have to do a trick to do it

but this feature will make this mod GODLY

Hey I downloaded and installed and it comes up but nothing loads. I used the api key and all that good stuff.
HI,

Your javascript variables are coming through as "undefined" which means either the script is being blocked by an error with preceding javscript in your page (there is an issue with you twitter one) or the content hasnt been saved properly.

I notice you have minimized the javascript file provided with the plugin. As a first step, please unminimize it and upload the original file to js/silvertails/giphy/ and let me know once that has been done so I can re-check it. This is not an issue with the plugin itself rather your configuration or something on your site itself.

If you open the javascript console and try to load it up you will see "http://api.giphy.com/v1/gifs/search?q=&api_key=undefined&limit=undefined&rating=undefined&offset=0 " all those undefined variables should be your actual configuration

The most likely scenario is that your template modifications are not installed correctly for whatever reason.

The one that loads all of those variables is
Admin >> Templates >> Template modifications >> Silvertails Giphy Integration >> page_container_js_body

Make sure you have this in place and all the modifications are in there, without this template modification there is no way to get the options you set from the database to JS variables to be used

Last edited:
HI,

Your javascript variables are coming through as "undefined" which means either the script is being blocked by an error with preceding javscript in your page (there is an issue with you twitter one) or the content hasnt been saved properly.

I notice you have minimized the javascript file provided with the plugin. As a first step, please unminimize it and upload the original file to js/silvertails/giphy/ and let me know once that has been done so I can re-check it. This is not an issue with the plugin itself rather your configuration or something on your site itself.

If you open the javascript console and try to load it up you will see "http://api.giphy.com/v1/gifs/search?q=&api_key=undefined&limit=undefined&rating=undefined&offset=0 " all those undefined variables should be your actual configuration

The most likely scenario is that your template modifications are not installed correctly for whatever reason.

The one that loads all of those variables is
Admin >> Templates >> Template modifications >> Silvertails Giphy Integration >> page_container_js_body

Make sure you have this in place and all the modifications are in there, without this template modification there is no way to get the options you set from the database to JS variables to be used
Sorry, a lot of that is over my head. I sent you a pm.

Sorry, a lot of that is over my head. I sent you a pm.
Just to close the loop on this

The template modification uses a search for something that is usually there by default but sometimes gets removed

Code:
_noSocialLogin: {xen:if $noSocialLogin, 'true', 'false'}

I logged in and changed the search term for the modification to
Code:
visitor: { user_id: {$visitor.user_id} },

in this environment and that all works now. Will probably close the loop further in the next version to ensure other compatibility issues like this don't pop up.

All working now :)

How can you add the button in Siropu Chat?
we don't have any specific integration with Siropu chat. It could be added but you would need to make template modifications.

I do not have a license for Siropu so I havent built any integration there

Going through api submission and one comment was "All instances of GIPHY" in caps. And they want a video showing user flow?

Going through api submission and one comment was "All instances of GIPHY" in caps. And they want a video showing user flow?
Interesting it has gone through their submission process multiple times and passed. We use the Giphy logo so there is no need to have "GIPHY" in caps. the one place where it is used as a title you can change via the language files

Interesting it has gone through their submission process multiple times and passed. We use the Giphy logo so there is no need to have "GIPHY" in caps. the one place where it is used as a title you can change via the language files
no saved gifs tab update? :(

no saved gifs tab update? :(
Not yet, I have had a long month since we have spoken about this and been travelling for work all but 4 days since we spoke. It is on the radar when I get a moment to sit still and develop it.

I will be releasing a bugfix version tomorrow and then will see if I have another moment to add the "Saved Gifs" tab, it should be straight forward.

Not yet, I have had a long month since we have spoken about this and been travelling for work all but 4 days since we spoke. It is on the radar when I get a moment to sit still and develop it.

I will be releasing a bugfix version tomorrow and then will see if I have another moment to add the "Saved Gifs" tab, it should be straight forward.
my members been asking for this all the time

its going to be amazing update

Getting this,

The specified add-on is older than the install version. Downgrading is not possible.

we don't have any specific integration with Siropu chat. It could be added but you would need to make template modifications.

I do not have a license for Siropu so I havent built any integration there
I really need this integration :) Care to test on my forum, if I give you admin priviliges?

Top Bottom