Giphy Integration [Deleted]

@Dannymh

when trying to import the bbcode to use with tinymce,

The template "silvertails_giphy_integration" doesn't exist.
Please enter a valid template name.
Create a blank Template with that name and it should then allow you to import

I'll release a new version with this soon

Last edited:
Got it. Just 2 more things,

The button doesn't have a tooltip when hovering.
And how can I make the box bigger here?

1.png

1.png
In tinyMCE this is kind of restrictive as I have to hardcode the call to the window. I am away on vacation with the family at the moment and will be back next week. I will take a look then to see if there are any ways I could adjust that further. You could try altering the templates that are included with the plugin to increase the size, but I believe this is stuck as is at the moment.

As for tooltip, you may be able to add it via the BBM settings after it has been imported but i don't recall seeing this s an option

Purchased (y)
just a question:

Loading the gifs in overlay doesn't fetch the trending gifs [?]:
Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 1.22.18 PM.webp

it only fetch the trending gifs using this option:
Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 1.18.53 PM.webp
but doesn't work with this option disabled (in overlay). any way to fix this?

Thanks Dan.

Last edited:
Purchased (y)
just a question:

Loading the gifs in overlay doesn't fetch the trending gifs [?]:
View attachment 134250

it only fetch the trending gifs using this option:
View attachment 134249
but doesn't work with this option disabled (in overlay). any way to fix this?

Thanks Dan.

I'll answer these and look into them in he next few days. I'm battling severe man flu at the moment so not bear my computer. Will loop back by Friday

Thanks. and hope you get better soon.
Ok I am back on deck sort of. Just completing hell week of travel so will look at this on the weekend.

1 - The trending gifs doesnt seem to work, looks like a bug will fix it on the weekend and send out a fix

1.png

Cant really make the box bigger TinyMCE was a real challenge. I will see if there is anything I can add, will likely be in the javascript but not 100% sure until I take a deeper look, likewise with tooltip

Were there any other outstanding issues?

1.png
Tooltip should be there now.

To make the box bigger using TinyMCE you will need to do some CSS hacking. You will need to edit quttro_dialog.css however this overrides it for all tinymce modals.
You would then need to edit the stgipy_style.css file to change the inner attributes as well. TinyMCE limits the the modals itself

Not sure what I am missing but I cannot get the Giphy icon to show up in the editor. I am not using TinyMCE. I am also testing all this in the default theme that comes with Xenforo. Any assistance would be great.

Not sure what I am missing but I cannot get the Giphy icon to show up in the editor. I am not using TinyMCE. I am also testing all this in the default theme that comes with Xenforo. Any assistance would be great.
Hi,

It should show up unless you are using font-awesome within your theme, if so you will need to tweak the css in order for it to show. generally its simply a css issue.

Did you upload all components also?

Can you PM me a link to your forums so I can take a look, also if you like set me up an admin account and I can quickly see if I can find the issue

Dan

Looks like you didnt upload the entire plugin or upload it correctly.

The system can not find http://....com/js/silvertails/giphy/extend.js?_v=c98fd41d

This means that it was uploaded somewhere else or not uploaded. Please make sure you upload all of the files from the .zip and in the correct directories

I removed UI.X as it seems to be an issue a lot of the time with many extensions
You made it work for UI.X theme, but now I dont use it anymore, its not showing up
http://rimbit.com/threads/teamviewer.5838/

How do I fix it.. :p
Hi,

Change the CSS file for giphy integration and remove the parts for the icons and it should just appear as normal.

You will need to play with the following

Code:
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_stgiphy {
    background: #000000;
        text-align: center;
        background:url(styles/default/Silvertails/Giphy/giphyicon.png) no-repeat top left;
        border-radius: 3px;
}

html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_stgiphy:hover {
        text-align: center;
        background:url(styles/default/Silvertails/Giphy/giphyicon.png) no-repeat top left !important;
        border-radius: 5px;
        text-decoration: underline;
}

either remove or alter them until you get the image showing

Nothing I tried worked...
The only thing that did, was if I commented out "background-image none !important" but then there was an issue with backgrounds showing on all icons

Nothing I tried worked...
The only thing that did, was if I commented out "background-image none !important" but then there was an issue with backgrounds showing on all icons
Private message me som admin credentials and I'll alter your Css for you tomorrow.

Are there permissions available for this? I only want certain usergroups to be able to use this, but all usergroups to be able to see the images.

Are there permissions available for this? I only want certain usergroups to be able to use this, but all usergroups to be able to see the images.
No it's just an on and off, mainly due to how the editor is loaded, if you use them tinymcequattro then you could add permissions directly into the settings, but refactor does not have that functionality.

I'll add it to the todo list. Currently holed up with broken ribs so not in the coding mood but will be again soon

Top Bottom